cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Gmail isn't verifying my email address (Workspace email) seen by recipients

When I send an email from my domain email to a Gmail account, a question mark appears as the logo and a message that says "Gmail couldn't verify that [domain name] actually sent this message (and not a spammer)".

I don't want customers to be suspecious of this because I know some will. How do I resolve it?

I'm using Business Email Plan.

15 REPLIES 15
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Gmail isn't verifying my email address (Workspace email) seen by recipients

Hi @TheAccentShop

Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Thanks for your post. 

This is usually caused by not having an SPF record for your domain (or having the wrong one). SPF records are a type of DNS record that lets receiving mail servers know whether or not the sender is using the proper mail server. If you're using Workspace Email, the proper SPF record to have is:

v=spf1 mx include:secureserver.net -all

You would want to add this as a TXT record when managing your DNS. If you're domain is hosted with us, you can see this article for more information about managing your DNS settings. 

Has anyone else experienced this error? How did you overcome it?

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks! That fixed the issue for me.

New

Hi @JesseW,

Im having the same problem and my domain is hosted with Godaddy. Could you please advise what txt I should put in the SPF File? Should it also be this? or something else?

Cheers!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to have you on GoDaddy Community, @JoseMX!

The SPF record you should use depends on the email service you're using with us. The record you mentioned would be for Workspace Email. Here's the information I have for the others:

• cPanel Email: v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all
  • Office 365 Email: v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

Hope that makes things a little clearer. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I too face same problem, i have updated the SPF according to the instruction provided when i was setting up the mail id. 

I have godaddy professional mailbox. now when i send mail to gmail find question mark still. 

Kindly let me know what is to be done, SPF doesnt work me. 

Hello Can you please give me complete details , how to enter it in DNS management page, i need enter which details like select from TXT then? what should be host* value and text value?

Thanks

New

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with gmail, even after verifying that I have the correct SPF record for the Office 365 email.  Also, hotmail rejects mosts emails from my domain, which I'm guessing is also related to a missing SPF record (based on reading hotmail's articles about rejected emails).  What else can I try beyond using the SPF records that you mentioned above?  Thanks!

Eric

I"m having a similar issue, except I"m not using workspace. I'm trying to get the email notifications of new orders and "contact us" requests. Godaddy can reset something on their end and get the notifications to work for a a week or so, but then Gmail starts blocking the notifications again.

When notifications do arrive, they come with the Gmail note: "This may be a spoofed message. Gmail couldn't verify that it was actually sent from your account."

I'm not seeing on my Godaddy Domain DNS management where I should enter the proper SPF record. Any advise is appreciated.

Solution

Use the below TXT For Business Email Pro.

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net -all

Use the below TXT record for Cpanel.

Wonderful, that fixed the "mailed by" issue. Do you know how to get Gmail to show "signed by" as well, so they both show? Also, for some reason, auto-replies still show

"secureserver.net did not encrypt this message"

Help?

I have added v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all in the value.

What do I list for host and TTL?

Host is @ and TTL  is 1 Hour

New

place in cpanel the following record and I have no problem receiving a mail from gmail.

txt@v=spf1 mx incluyen:secureserver.net ~all1 hora

Hey there. I am facing the same issue. And have made the changes but still the problem has not been resolved. The Godaddy support team says that I need to add one more txt settings as well, which would be provided by the gmail. I dont know how to contact gmail team except the forum. So did you make any other changes apart from adding one txt type 

you can reply to me at pandeyamitemail@gmail.com

thanx for the help

New

Hello,

I actually ended up solving this by signing up for an email delivery service called Sendgrid.  They basically ensure that your emails are delivered and take care of these types of technical details.  I'm sure there are other similar services, but this solved my problem.  

Eric