cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

GoDaddy have left me with 2 microsoft accounts that cannot be merged!!!

So not impressed, have now spent 14 hours on the phone and just spent 3 hours with Microsoft to find that GoDaddy did not advise me the exchange account they created in Aug 2018 was a microsoft business account and did not use my personal microsoft account which has my Office 365 subscription ... I now find out the two accounts cannot be merged ...

I have been a client of GoDaddy for 11 years now and on two occasions I requested a supervisor ... as they don't have a complaints department so apparently we are supposed to speak to a supervisor who are too busy to speak with you  ... I was supposed to receive a call over the weekend at 10pm Sydney time and waited until midnight, no call - so called GoDaddy to be told they are not taking calls ... honestly, it's lovely to be sitting waiting until midnight for such rudeness ... their team on the floor are actually quite lovely to deal with, but it seems this great attitude doesn't apply to their management team.... 

As a long term client, GoDaddy needs to discuss this direct with their Microsoft contacts and a resolution needs to be sorted out ... so far I have lost some A$840 is productivity time just sitting on the phone trying to resolve the problem... SOMEONE needs to get this mess sorted out and it SHOULD NOT BE ME as one of their staff created the 2nd account (oh and by the way, LOST all my emails prior to Aug 2018) ... so now I've got my fingers crossed that 3rd time lucky and a supervisor will call me ... the alternative is I will spam the internet and send them an invoice for my lost productivity time .... their appalling treatment of a long time customer is disgraceful .... 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: GoDaddy have left me with 2 microsoft accounts that cannot be merged!!!

Hey so I can understand your frustration: the unfortunate thing is that when Microsoft implemented 365 onto a fully integrated cloud platform it created too many security layers and it wasn't a very integrated solution: it has improved. I am surprised that you cannot retrieve your emails; I am not a techie but you should have access to any documents you may have created: as long as they were synced with the cloud service and not merely stored on your hard storage. 

Highlighted
New

Hi Shaz,

Long story, and I have it finally working again ... we made my email address an alias and created another email address ...

But it took me 15 hrs over 8 calls and 3 times a supervisor was supposed to call and didn't .. .finally I rang and waited for 1.5 hrs to speak to a supervisor called Marcos, who pretty much said too bad so sad and was no help whatsoever ...

Same old thing right, they give you a really cheap deal when you sign up and then when the renewal comes in was 3 times the price ... to get the price down, the guy moved me over to a cheapier Business Plan 1 account, on a different server .... I had no idea I had 2 microsoft accounts ...

I discussed with Microsoft, as GoDaddy was useless and made no effort to assist me with THEIR STAFF MEMBERS error ...

My subscription for Office 365 is under my personal account as a consumer, but my other account was created as a Business Account on a different server and does not permit to include office 365 ...

Oh well, you pay peanuts you get monkeys right ... but I can certainly tell you, I will NOT be sending any of my friends to them in future and when my domain comes up for renewal I won't be using GoDaddy... they will get NOT ONE CENT from me ... 11 years as a customer ..

Thieves is what they are ... their front line team are so helpful however their supervisors and management are CRAP ... and there is nowhere that you can go to lodge a complaint ...

Highlighted

Oh well. I am sorry and yes, that is the universal formula unfortunately.
But having worked at a call centre myself, I can tell you first hand that
it is REALLY difficult to get beyond the processes and policies set up by
the bosses higher up.

Personally, I think I will keep using GoDaddy for one simple reason: in
today's world of corporate thievery and greed, and now with the Pandemic, I
rather stay with the bigger players JUST because that will keep my work
going: I expect a LOT of companies, even some big ones, to go under over
the course of the next two years.

Shaz Khan
514-549-9979
Highlighted

Hello Shaz, I have 3 domains and am new to this. Am I able to use the email account I have set up for just one for the other two domains as well? The 3 are the same except for the .com, .com.au and .net 

I would be very grateful for your help, Thankyou, Peter.

Highlighted

Hi,

No unfortunately you won't be able to use three emails with the same
domain, you can however use the same client (that is email service) but
will have to add the 3 accounts in it (for example Gmail) - you can do it
by going to settings, add email option and then choose Exchange: the
fields should auto fill. If you find any difficulty just go to MS OUTLOOK
and look into mail settings: mail servers.
Highlighted
New

Pumpkin,
You could set up a "catchall" email address for one domain, and an email "forwarder" for each of the other two, to forward all email from them to the first. A catchall email account inbox gets a copy of anything sent to an address with its domain.
Highlighted

Thankyou for your reply.

Highlighted
New

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you won't be getting the MS accounts merged. It just isn't something that MS can do.

I've had two MS accounts for decades and have been unable to tie them together. Even while working with MS as a first party developer, talking to the engineers that work directly with this stuff, I got nowhere in trying to resolve it.

Steve Pritchard