cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Google email not receiving - nameserver issues

Hi,

I rent a domain from GoDaddy for which the nameservers are hosted by Siteground. I set up a Google Workspace email account using the domain name. In order to verify that gmail address I had to change the nameserver away from siteground temporarily. The same was true in order to update the MX records in order to send and receive emails. All worked.

As soon as I changed my nameservers back to the siteground one, I stopped receiving emails. When tried to activate my email again it showed the MX records as missing.

So I can't do anything on my domain without changing nameservers. I change them back and none of what I have done sticks.

Any ideas anyone, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User 2020

@voaser 

You have 2 options

1) Use the GoDaddy DNS and update the A record to point back to SiteGround

2) Use the SiteGround DNS and add all the records there

DNS are the "traffic cops" of the internet telling mail / web / other traffic where to go to. When you keep switching back and forth - you are giving the instructions to one set of servers but not the others

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User 2020

@voaser 

You have 2 options

1) Use the GoDaddy DNS and update the A record to point back to SiteGround

2) Use the SiteGround DNS and add all the records there

DNS are the "traffic cops" of the internet telling mail / web / other traffic where to go to. When you keep switching back and forth - you are giving the instructions to one set of servers but not the others

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post