cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having troubles with email

Hello everyone. This is my first time using Godaddy as a host. However, it is not my first time hosting a website. I'd call myself experienced.

I decided to try Godaddy on recommendation from a friend and I have to admit that I've not been satisfied with the service I have received so far. I can't reach godaddy because my country is outside the geographic range of the toll-free call and chat is offline.

My website is hoted with the economy plan. Normally, all hosting accounts that I know about seem to come with webmail activated, but for some reason, I can't use my webmail to manage emails with godaddy. The emails get sent from webmail but they do not deliver or indicate failure delivery. I had to recreate the email on godaddy's workspace email feature for me to send/receive email. However, I can only send from there. This is not sufficient.

Also, the site I have hosted sends out confirmation emails to users who subscribe. I wrote the script myself in php and I've always used it with other hosts. But for some reason, the emails fail to deliver now. For some reason, the failure delivery email doesn't even go to my godaddy's workspace email but to the default email that came with my account.

I don't know what step to take right now. I'd appreciate help from anyone who is experienced with operating emails with godaddy.

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Having troubles with email

Hi, @babatundebash. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

A few things stick out to me in what you're saying. Our hosting plans do come with email hosting. However, the type of email hosting you get depends on the type of hosting account you purchase. If you have a cPanel account, you should be able to host email within the hosting plan itself. With our Plesk hosting, free Workspace Email credits are provided. 

Regardless of the type of email you're using, you'll need to make sure your domain's DNS is set up properly. That is often the cause of being able to send from an email address but not receive to it. However, the correct DNS settings would depend on what products you're using.

If you can update here regarding what kind of hosting you have and the type of email plan you're using, that may help others provide suggestions on how you can solve this issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I'm having the same issue. I'm not tech savvy so this is frustrating. I can send emails but I can't receive them. I have no idea how to fix it. Mine's just a basic personal email account. That's all I need. Right now, the only thing I need the email address/account for is so that Mailerlite can verify my website and I can set up my newsletter through them.

I am having the same issue, with outlook and thunderbird and even the email.mydomain.com can all send emails but i cannot recieve them at all. I think my dns records have all been messed up cuz my site was down and i got one email through but i had to spend all day finding out what was wrong so my site came back online and now the email is not working again. I have my site built with Wix, however it wont let me change much of the DNS settings because it says that they arent managed by us. And godaddy says i cant edit because the dns is managed elsewhere. What the hell?!?! i need help here, Thanks