Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How do I increase my daily email quota?

Hi All,

Hope you can help me with the problem below:

one of the email addresses at my domain was hacked and some 4,000+ emails were sent as span in the span of 2 hours. This rendered my domain's email quota downgraded to 1 email per hour. I am unable to identify a way to increase my quota back to 500 emails per hour.

Suffering loss of business. unable to understand what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Helper III

Call GoDaddy customer support and explain your situation. They need to know your account is no longer under the control of a 3rd party and being used to mass email people.

If you managed your own VPS you could edit those values, but GoDaddy admin are the ones with that level of access to your emails via shared hosting. I once asked them to increase the MB usage but you can only do that with a VPS.

Just give them a call & they should remove the restriction.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Helper III

Call GoDaddy customer support and explain your situation. They need to know your account is no longer under the control of a 3rd party and being used to mass email people.

If you managed your own VPS you could edit those values, but GoDaddy admin are the ones with that level of access to your emails via shared hosting. I once asked them to increase the MB usage but you can only do that with a VPS.

Just give them a call & they should remove the restriction.

View solution in original post

Thanks bud. Tried twice, no concrete solution found. Resorted to community 😕

I'm been having the same problem now since Tuesday. One email it looked was hacked. Removed the domain completely from shared hosting add-on domains and telephone support said it would be around 24 hours before normal email would resume. It's not the fourth day and I am still getting the same error.

Not good enough support or answers I am getting. Will give it a few more days, if this hasn't been resolved I will be forced to take my hosting elsewhere. Such a shame.