cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I can send mail but not receive email in website

Hello,

in website videostrana.com i click in contact form or "Forgot password", i can send email, but i don't receive it.

Here is my DNS:

screencapture-dcc-godaddy-manage-dns-2019-06-16-18_36_33.pngscreencapture-dcc-godaddy-manage-dns-2019-06-16-18_36_53.png
Where is the problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Super User II
Super User II

Re: I can send mail but not receive email in website

@violetamatuk 

From looking at your DNS zone it seems like you have records setup both to have mail on your server as well as the GoDaddy WorkSpace mail, but then you also have some records about office 365, but no MX record for that 

You may also need to go to Mail Routing in cPanel and make sure it is set correctly based on where your mail is hosted.

This is something you should look at regardless if the email where the forgot password is going to is at the same domain or not

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites

In Mail Routing mail is hosted in Local mail exchanger. 

In DNS i set MX (I hope I have set it well):

2019-06-17_00-58-13.png
If not, please help me. 

Anyway, email i don't receive from something like this:

2019-06-17_01-00-42.png
Writes that sent, but email i don't get any.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@violetamatuk 

1) Since you are using Office 365 you need to make sure that cPanel is set to remote and not local

Otherwise it will look for the mailboxes on the server itself

2) That looks to be the correct MX record for office 365 - assuming you took out the other MX records - everything should be good to go now 

Hello,

anyway, i don't receive emails from forms, something like "Forgot Password" (Auto-mail) from websites. 

Super User II
Super User II

@violetamatuk 

If you go to cPanel under MX confirm that it is set to remote from the domain - also what email do you have setup as site email in wordpress is it at the domain??

In cPanel i set yesterday to remote from the domain. And it's not a wp website..

Anyway, in website:

2019-06-18_01-11-09.png

It's something wrong in website smtp, yes?

Super User II
Super User II

@violetamatuk 

1) Is this a WordPress site or a Custom site

2) In looking at the settings the user would have to be a FULL email address 

In theory you could have website@videostrana.com email address configured on the cPanel account and set the website to use that, however since it is going to Office 365, I'm not sure how well that will work as Office 365 may block the email

Most websites I've worked on just use the PHP Mailer on the server and don't need to specify a separate SMTP server. When I have had to use a separate SMTP server, I personally use Amazon SES as it seems to have a high level of deliverability

1) It is a custom website.

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@violetamatuk 

As I mentioned your user name needs to be the full email address 

Option 1) Setup an email account in cPanel (even though email will not be hosted on the cPanel server) and use that account - As long as mail is set to remote it "should" work - keep in mind Office365 may bounce it as it is coming from the domain to the domain but outside of office

Option 2) Use a service like amazon SES which does have SMTP authentication

Option 3) User a generic gmail.com account

If  things still aren't getting through you'll have to check the logs on the server to make sure it is generating / sending the email