cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link domain & email addresses with GoDaddy to Shopify store

Hi

I have a GoDaddy domain with 3 email addresses: support, store-news and admin for their own specific purposes. They are working very well.

I also have a Shopify Store, still in the initial setup phase.

Since, Shopify doesn't provide email hosting, there are two things I need to do:
1. Set my GoDaddy domain as custom domain in Shopify store.
2. Link all three email addresses to Shopify such that my store becomes a lot more professional.

Kindly help with these two queries. If there is an earlier thread related to these, kindly point me to those.

Thanks
Siddhant Vij

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Link domain & email addresses with GoDaddy to Shopify store

@SiddhantVij

Basically your nameservers will be with Shopify and your MX mail servers will be GoDaddy.  Here's an article that points you in the right direction.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Since I am a complete beginner to this, could you please tell me the DNS changes I need to make, so that I achieve both:
1. Linking the nameservers to Shopify, changes to DNS CName etc. on GoDaddy domain.!?
2. Setting the MX records such Shopify store is connected to GoDaddy emails.!?

I realize if this is really very basic. But it would be great help.

Thanks
Siddhant Vij

Hi

As per what I could research over the internet, these are the two changes I need to make to achieve what I intend:

1. Set up Shopify domain with GoDaddy:  https://help.shopify.com/manual/domains/connecting-existing-domains/common-providers/godaddy

2. The configuration of the email happens automatically. To verify the email address, add Shopify’s SPF record to GoDaddy's domain host.: TXT record, @, v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com -all

Kindly confirm if these are the correct steps. Advise the change, if required.

Thanks

Siddhant Vij

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@SiddhantVij

Sounds correct.  I'm not going to second guess Shopify's specific instructions.  Hosts/platforms can vary.  Follow Shopify's instructions step-by-step and you should be good to go! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown