cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mails getting bounced after 19.3 hrs

Mail that I send to Zoho hosted servers are always getting bounced after 19.3 hrs. 

Bounce message looks like : 

Subject : Message Delivery Failure - Mail Delivery System 

Content : 

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 19.3 hour(s):
Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "Test mail"] to destination_mail@domain.com. It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again.
Reporting-MTA: dns; p3plsmtpout003.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [208.109.80.53]
Received-From-MTA: dns; my_server_name.secureserver.net [198.12.ip.ip]
Arrival-Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 22:46:45 -0700
Final-recipient: rfc822;  destination_mail@domain.com

Have you came across such an issue? If yes, how you addressed it?. I contacted Zoho, but they say that their server has not received the mail. The bounce back message says it was in queue and did not go out. GoDaddy gives me very poor support. Always support agents say it is out of scope of GoDaddy. cPanel log indicates that the mail is delivered to relay server of GoDaddy - dedrelay.secureserver.net. But I have no clue what happens after that. Any help and guidance is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Mails getting bounced after 19.3 hrs

Hello @jestinvj 

I'm curious, did you use to be able to send email to Zoho and it just recent stop sending email to Zoho?

Also, what GoDaddy service are you using for email (cPanel, Workspace, etc...)?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Hi @davisdre317 

Thank you for the replay.

1. This is the first time I am sending email to Zoho hosted sites. 

2. I am using cPanel webmail hosted on my VPS. 

cPanel log says that the mail is delivered to dedrelay.secureserver.net (GoDaddy relay server). But after 19.3 hrs the server bounces the mail with the error message. 

sent_log.png

Thank you for your concerns. Some email issues are best solved by a call or chat to our customer support team. There are a number of variables that can be causing your email issues, and may be very different for each customer. A call can allow GoDaddy to check your connection to the server, check any third-party client settings, your sending IP, and a number of other possible factors.

Please contact our team so your email can be tested in real time at x.co/247support

Hi @Tiffanyc Thank you for the replay. 

When I faced this issue, after doing the basic check, the first thing that I did was to contact customer care via call. Trust me, it was a horrible experience! I contacted call centre at least 6 times. Three of them said that they can't support me after keeping me more than an hour on the phone. Two of them told me that they have taken the issue with back-end technical team and and will be resolved soon. But nothing happened. And the last one advised me to talk to my server admin (which is myself)!!!! 

If GoDaddy really loves to help customers (Like it is mentioned in the recorded message played while we call to customer care number), kindly provide a solution. I bet GoDaddy can't solve the issue. Customer care team can only help us to change name, update email address and purchase something new!

Hello @jestinvj 

Are you still having this issue? If so, what version of cPanel are you running on your VPS?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***