cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Office 365 account changed to not include OneDrive???

I noticed a few days ago my OneDrive account was having an error logging in... when I went online instead of on my phone I found OneDrive wasn't an available option under my O365 login? I went and logged into my GoDaddy account main page and found that they had apparently discontinued my membership type and changed it into 0GB OneDrive storage and all of my files were GONE! .... YEARS worth of files that I stupidly did not have backed up on hard drive with ZERO notice from GoDaddy... I figured out online how to upgrade to an account that has OneDrive but am not sure if my files will come back or not. It is still spinning on OneDrive saying

"Getting your files set up on OneDrive is taking longer than expected

Try closing this page and coming back later"

I've been on hold with them over an hour with no answer. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know if/how I can get my files back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Office 365 account changed to not include OneDrive???

@GetYouInk 

Sorry you are having this issue - As I have 1 O365 account in my GoDaddy account I can tell you 100% an email did go out - it wasn't "In your face" but did say onedrive was getting removed.

In regards to the any sort of refund you really need to work with GoDaddy directly as we are end users in the community.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@eea243 

I'm an end user like you... I can't speak to getting your files back, however there was a notification from GoDaddy.

On February 13th I received an an email that said final notice your onedrive will be removed on Feb 28, 2020 and had a link to upgrade to a plan that included it  as well as instructions to download from onedrive "OneDrive is being removed from your email plan" was the subject

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

I have the same issue, I was told by godaddy support that if I upgraded my account to business premium my files would be restored. I am still waiting to get the files restored and it's been almost a week...

Highlighted

I feel extremely validated to find this thread! I don't recall EVER getting an email that OneDrive was not going to be included in Office365.  5 years of hard work in OneDrive folders have disappeared. After lots of back and forth with Microsoft and GoDaddy, a GD technical support person disclosed this to me and said he was sorry no one had told me and that I wasn't the only person in this position. He suggested I upgrade to business, just long enough to get my files back. I paid the $188 last week and then had a Microsoft representative thoroughly research my account. However, there was so much lost between when GoDaddy dropped my OneDrive and when I realized I needed to pay to upgrade for OneDrive, that everything was gone. A kind Microsoft representative worked and worked on this...but 3 months had passed. I am devastated. I am extremely disappointed in GoDaddy. But the kicker: when I called today to ask for the business refund (since I couldn't get the files), I was told I couldn't do that and still keep my email domain active, according to RENZID #8442 (manager). I want GD to address this problem and make it right...

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@GetYouInk 

Sorry you are having this issue - As I have 1 O365 account in my GoDaddy account I can tell you 100% an email did go out - it wasn't "In your face" but did say onedrive was getting removed.

In regards to the any sort of refund you really need to work with GoDaddy directly as we are end users in the community.

View solution in original post