cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Office 365 setup on Android phone not working

I have had 3 email addresses created with you, I've got them on outlook on my laptop, but can't with the live team or with Samsung get them on my 2 android phones!  I have done both the set ups you have on the website, going through settings and accounts and also the outlook set up and still it doesn't work.  I click on the outlook app, I put my e-mail and password in, which then takes me to the red Go Daddy screen where I enter the email and password again.  Then it spin and spins for at least 15 minutes, I haven't got past 15 mins yet.  I have done this 50+ times and nothing.  I've uninstalled and installed again, I have turned wifi off and on again, nothing.  Nobody at live can help and Samsung can't help either!  What can I do, I've paid for 3 e-mail addresses, the line in American they couldn't help and hung up on me!  I feel like I've paid and been dumped!

22 REPLIES 22
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Office 365 setup on Android phone not working

Hi @Kate36. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That's a pretty odd situation. If our support team already took a look, then it's probably not something on the GoDaddy side. The best thing to do would be to try to identify what the two phones have in common. Maybe it's an installed app or an Android version. It may also help if you provide screenshots of what's happening, including any error messages you're seeing. That may help others offer suggestions on how you can move forward. Hope you're able to get this figured out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have the exact same issue. Galaxy s8 here. If you find a solution please share! Thank you! 

I had the same problem and started a new thread - didn't see this one.

I called Microsoft and they told me GoDaddy's security certificates for outlook mobile have expired, they are aware of the issue, but have done nothing about it yet. That was about 3 weeks ago. I tried it again today and it's still happening.

Apparently until GoDaddy fixes their security issues this won't work. No known ETA.

I have encountered the same issue on on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9 and Motorola G6. Called GoDaddy Support and they blamed Microsoft. They do not have a clue about the Security Certificate Issues.

If this is not resolved shortly, I will move all my accounts to Microsoft hosting. We have a few accounts hosted there and it runs smoothly on all android phones with Outlook.

This level of support is unaccepatable and unprofessional.

New

Yes same problem today (January 12, 2019)

The load in after entering password just spins and spins.  I finally sought help from Outlook Support for Android and they stated the same security certificate issue will prevent Outlook from installing any Go Daddy Office 365 account.

Go Daddy, this goes back 3 months, when are you going to fix with Microsoft?

13/01/19 I am having the same problem too.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jbazz @ownlifecoaching. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I tested this just now on an Android device running version 9 and did not have difficulty. If you're still having problems, it seems likely it would be related to your account or your specific device rather than an issue with an expired certificate. If you can provide a screenshot of the error, I'd be happy to take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

JESSE!  I am having the SAME issue.  Just bought a brand new Samsung S9 Note and I have been on the phone with 2 different reps from Go Daddy for a total of 3 1/2 hours with NO resolution.  I go through all the prompts and it acts like it's going to load and it just spins and spins.  I don't want to take my business elsewhere but I will have to if this can't be resolved.  With this many people having the same issues it's got to be something Go Daddy can fix and should be on top of to get a resolution out to all of its customers.  

PLEASE HELP!!!

I just tried it again, still failing. Outlook redirects me to the godaddy login page, i enter my credentials and then just get a rotating circle forever. The circle of death. Microsoft still saying its an old expired certifcate on the godaddy side
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mjabbott67 @Kate36 @alicehurst @ownlifecoaching @jbazz @camjm2393 @eyallevy 

I think the best thing to do here is to figure out what you all have in common. There are enough users that are not having the same issue to be relatively sure that what you're experiencing isn't common. That's not to say that there isn't anything we can do on this end to help, but we need more information to narrow the scope of where to look. Please provide the following information so I can review the issue with our advanced teams:

• Account type (Essentials, Premium, etc.):
  • Mobile device manufacturer (Samsung, LG, etc.):
  • Mobile device model:
  • Android operating system version:
  • Physical location (Country/State):
  • Mobile service provider:
  • Domain(s) for your email address(es): 
  • Does the error occur on both WiFi and Mobile networks?:

Hopefully, if we can get enough information, we can figure out what's happening. Thank you all for your patience and cooperation. 

Highlighted
Solution

I managed to overcome the issue in the following way:
1. Get out of all office365 apps (outlook, word etc.

2.Launch word or excel.

3 Log into your office 365 account

4. If successful, this would clear your security certificate and enable you to setup your account(s) in outlook. I have 4 Godaddy hosted email accounts and domains and they all worked after signing up with word to just one of these accounts. I managed to replicate it on 4 different devices (Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Moto G6 and Galaxy S8)

I also spent over 4 hours with various Godaddy techs and it is unfortunate that they could not resolve it and I just happened to "stumble" on a solution "accidently". I was already considering moving my account to Microsoft hosting where I have other accounts that work smoothly.

THANK YOU SOOOO much!  That worked!!!  Can't thank you enough for taking the time to reply to my post and helping me.  Have a blessed rest of your week!

Glad it worked.

I'm convinced this has something to do with having the same email address on both your Office 365 GoDaddy Account and on your Microsoft Personal Account.  Back when Microsoft was still figuring out how that was all going to work, they would allow the same address for both.  There are a bunch of articles about managing your aliases and clearing credentials, but it's all outdated and is unintelligible to those of us who aren't Certified Microsoft Experts...  GoDaddy needs to figure out a fix on their side for this.

Android 9 Verizon Pixel 3; copied from Android ?? Google Fi Pixel 2.  I also have my OneNote notebooks on a completely separate MS account if that might have something to do with it.

The fix below about first logging into Excel or Word didn't work for me, but I was running into the issue about Office 365 Account vs. Personal Account, which made me think that might have something to do with it...

I just resolved this for myself by going to the GoDaddy Office 365 login page in Chrome (on my Android phone).  I'm talking about the sso.godaddy.... address.  I logged in there first, then clicked "install office", then clicked text link to me, and then it logged in with no issue.

Prior to that I did change the primary alias on my personal Microsoft account, which didn't initially work, but might've just taken a while to go live because I've been trying other things for the past few hours... 

So I don't know which thing fixed it, but I did those two things and now I can haz overcome.

That worked for me too. It must be the direct outlook setup can't install the right certificate on the phone. Interesting. Thank you for finding a work around.

New

s!

Thanks! That also worked for me, but GoDaddy needs to take the lead on solving issues and not leaving for users to do so.

Cheers,

ISSUE: "Circle of Death"

Device: BlackBerry KeyOne (BBB100-1)

Build: ABM658

Applications impacted: All MS Office 365 apps: Skype, OneDrive, Outlook, OneNote, Word, etc.

Comments: Able to connect to above apps using "@outlook.com" accounts, but not GoDaddy MS Office 365. Setting up GoDaddy MS Office 365 email accounts using BlackBerry Hub not a problem. Never was an issue until I rebuilt my phone (from factory reset) between 26-30 Dec 2018. "Circle of Death" screenshot attached - same behavior with all apps. This is becoming old real fast... GoDaddy issue? Microsoft issue? GoDaddy/Microsoft issue? Certificate issue? From the posts I have seen out there on this issue, it does not seem to be a device, or OS issue...

Screenshot_20190123-110120.png

All: Sorry, missed several of the more recent posts with potential solutions. Will see if any of them work for me and get back...

Solution

Success!

I think "mjabbott67"'s post is probably the best summery of where things are at to date...

That worked for me too. It must be the direct outlook setup can't install the right certificate on the phone. Interesting. Thank you for finding a work around.

"JMH77006 "'s solution was the winner for me...

Thoughts:

• I don't think the issue has anything to do with email aliases - I avoid them as much as possible, and none of my accounts in question employ them
  • Clearing my credentials was not effective

What worked for me:

• was to login to GoDaddy Office 365 via Chrome on my phone for "x@x.x"
  • Go to the web app of choice - Outlook in this case
  • Accept to install the app for my Android phone from the Play Store
  • Open phone app, and proceed with required credentials as one would using "x@x.x"
  • App now works as it should for "x@x.x"
  • However, cannot add GoDaddy Office 365 account "y@y.y" to app - "Circle of Death"
  • Installed Word phone app from Play Store
  • Word phone app configured with "x@x.x" when opened
  • Could not add "y@y.y" to Word - "Circle of Death"
  • Uninstalled Word phone app
  • Logged back into GoDaddy Office 365 via Chrome on my phone using my "y@y.y" account this time
  • Went to the OneDrive web app this time
  • Accepted to install OneDrive for my Android phone from the Play Store
  • Opened OneDrive phone app
  • "x@x.x" already available on OneDrive phone app
  • Added an additional account to OneDrive phone app, and proceed with required credentials as one would using "y@y.y"
  • Word phone app now works as it should for "y@y.y"
  • Opened Outlook phone app, which is now populated with "x@x.x" and "y@y.y" accounts
  • Installed Word phone app from Play Store
  • Word phone app configured with "x@x.x" and "y@y.y" when opened
  • Could not add "x@x.x" to Word - "Circle of Death"
  • You can see where this is going... needed to repeat another iteration of the above process to add "x@x.x"...
  • As an aside, added a "@outlook.com" account to the Word phone app, which it accepted happily...

So to build on "mjabbott67"'s post, it might have something to do with a MS Office 365 phone app, installed through the Play Store, which has difficulty acquiring the right cert...

I just spent 25 minutes on the phone trying to resolve the same issue with my new Note9. I used your advise and set up my emails while the GD agent was trying to find my solution. Thank you!!!

New

I still having same issue on Microsoft Outlook App on Samsung S8.

Its 26 Jan 2019.