cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Sharepoint URLs & Group Email Domains

Hello,

This topic was previously mentioned in 2016 here:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Email/Friendly-URLs-for-site-collections/m-p/2381 

I did not see a response that addressed the question so I thought I would bring it up again. 

I am a Office 365 Business Premium Subscriber, I own a small business and use many of the project management tools in Office to keep our teams connected. 

I've noticed as I build out our sharepoint, shared calendars and other communication tools some of these accounts are being assigned to a "netorgft..." domain.   I assume this the "Intranet" for our subscription. 

I would like to know if there is a way for me to or request to have this URL updated.  

It does not need to be "public" it needs to be easily referable by employees to employees.  Like a typical intranet domain. 

How do I get this done? 

Jason
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Jason ( @Jay_Hawaii ),

This could be a limitation within the GoDaddy tenant. You might reach out to the GoDaddy O365 support team to confirm that. If so, then you will need to be off the GoDaddy tenants, and be under the Microsoft tenants. 

Please let me know what the GoDaddy O365 team says. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I

Hello @Jay_Hawaii and welcome to the community. 

You might give this Microsoft Doc a look if you can get to the SharePoint admin center. I don't have 365 through GoDaddy, so it's hard for me to relate in the situation if you are going through GoDaddy for 365. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thank you Drew, 

I read through the resource you provided and it appears that it limits my ability to change the domain. 

I have my subscription through GoDaddy, which limits my access to some admin controls.  I have the sharepoint admin, but based on the resource you provided it looks like I can't actually change the domain reference from the less user-friendly "NETORGFT5######.onmicrosoft.com" domain.   

I can change the sharepoint collection url, but not the domain.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to change the domain? 

Jason

Hello Jason ( @Jay_Hawaii ),

This could be a limitation within the GoDaddy tenant. You might reach out to the GoDaddy O365 support team to confirm that. If so, then you will need to be off the GoDaddy tenants, and be under the Microsoft tenants. 

Please let me know what the GoDaddy O365 team says. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

View solution in original post