cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Sharing Contact Folder in Office 365

I wish to provide an external user (@gmail.com account) access to my Office 365 contact folder. I am following the How to share contacts with others in Office 365? within https://www.codetwo.com/admins-blog/contacts-sharing-in-office-365/ procedure. However I do get the "Folder sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network" - Problem: Your organization's policy does not allow you to share with this recipient. Please advise how I change my policy to allow sharing. 

Thanks in Advance

Darren

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Sharing Contact Folder in Office 365

Hello 

Without enabling external sharing at tenant level if you will try to share to external users at site collection then you will receive the error: your organization’s policies don’t allow you to share with these users. Go to external sharing in the office 365 admin center to enable it.

There are various options for sharing like:

• Don’t allow sharing outside your organization
  • Allow sharing only with the external users that already exist in your organization’s directory
  • Allow external users who accept sharing invitations and sign in as authenticated users
  • Allow sharing with all external users, and by using anonymous access links
  • To resolve the “your organization’s policies don’t allow you to share with these users’, we need to enable external users sharing at office 365 tenant level. Follow the below steps:
  1. First, open Office 365 Portal Admin page and log in with your account.
  2. Then click on Admin icon.
  3. Then in the Admin center page, Expand Admin centers from the left side and click on SharePoint to open the SharePoint Admin center.
  4. Then in the SharePoint admin center, select the particular site collection URL and then click on Manage and then click on Sharing.
  5. This will open the sharing dialog box, here choose the appropriate option, here I have chosen “Allow sharing with all external users, and by using anonymous access links”.
  6. Once you will save it, after this if you will try now sharing with external users you will not get any error, instead, it will show a message.
  7. After this step, you can now share documents with external users in your SharePoint Online site collection.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
New

Re: Sharing Contact Folder in Office 365

@ZulWeb wrote:

Hello 

Without enabling external sharing at tenant level if you will try to share to external users at site collection then you will receive the error: your organization’s policies don’t allow you to share with these users. Go to external sharing in the office 365 admin center to enable it.

There are various options for sharing like:

• Don’t allow sharing outside your organization
  • Allow sharing only with the external users that already exist in your organization’s directory
  • Allow external users who accept sharing invitations and sign in as authenticated users
  • Allow sharing with all external users, and by using anonymous access links
  • To resolve the “your organization’s policies don’t allow you to share with these users’, we need to enable external users sharing at office 365 tenant level. Follow the below steps:
  1. First, open Office 365 Portal Admin page and log in with your account.
  2. Then click on Admin icon.
  3. Then in the Admin center page, Expand Admin centers from the left side and click on SharePoint to open the SharePoint Admin center.
  4. Then in the SharePoint admin center, select the particular site collection URL and then click on Manage and then click on Sharing.
  5. ....

The issue that I keep running into is that I cannot access the office admin portal. Whenever I try to go to admin.microsoft.com (which all MS-supplied documentation  directs me to), i'm redirected to GoDaddy's rather less helpful admin site. Any guidance on getting to the "Office 365 Portal Admin" so I can make these adjustments you refer to would be much appreciated.