cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Simple email forwarding

Thought this would be simple but alas it is not.  Was previosuly with seem internet and transfered my domain over to godaddy...... feels like a huge mistake.

On Seem I had 2 simple boxes to complete - One for web forwarding and the other for email forwarding.  Can someone please tell me how I can route all my email sent to whatever@mydomain.com can be sent to a free and personal @Gmail.com address?  Surely there is an easy way or do I have also buy a GoDaddy email account?  

Please help, even the chat guys couldn't give me a simple answer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Simple email forwarding

Hi @SteveT1,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy is no longer providing free email forwarding plans with domain registration. (There will be some credits remaining from older domain purchases in some accounts.) That said, a package of 5 email forwarding addresses can be purchased from a customer support agent by phone or chat. These generally cost around $3 for the year. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

I believe you should have a free email forwarding credit with the domain registration.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-up-my-forwarding-email-address-7598

Oh I so wish that was true!  No free email forwarding accounts no.... guess what they did then offer me a deal on Office 365 Essentials!  Lot of good that is for a simple forward

Anyone know how long I have to wait before I transfer elsewhere?

Solution

Hi @SteveT1,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy is no longer providing free email forwarding plans with domain registration. (There will be some credits remaining from older domain purchases in some accounts.) That said, a package of 5 email forwarding addresses can be purchased from a customer support agent by phone or chat. These generally cost around $3 for the year. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

This was eventually what i managed to get out of the GD chat and was setup quickly, just need to train all the team so they both know this is available and stop trying to sell a package (in my case the office 365) that is not needed or asked for.  Thanks for assistance