cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelist blocked emails

I am finding out that emails from a news reporting source are being blocked by GoDaddy.  How can I add their ip's to a "whitelist" since these emails are necessary to our business.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Not applicable

Hi,

If Godaddy are blocking these emails then a 'workaround' isn't really appropriate.

I suggest that you contact support and ask why they are blocked in the first place, if they haven't already informed you. 

You also fail to mention what this news support source is. A quick google search may have revealed some answers to your issue.

The phrase "emails are being blocked by GoDaddy" is not very clear, but perhaps it's related to spam blocking.

Apparently GD uses a spam control based on what the "internet community" considers spam. I think somehow they compile some keywords and strings and categorize them as spam. I doubt they have a way of whitelisting IPs. They would have to do it by customer/recipient, or else the spammer himself would whitelist it. Sender IPs change also, so it's not a solution.

They provide a way to report incorrect flagging as spam. I don't know if it will help. This is what the sender gets back when delivery fails.
----------------

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
     xyz@recipientdomain.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain recipientdomain.com by smtp.secureserver.net. [72.167.238.29].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 5.2.0 Fn0A1u00U3oy58Z01 - Fn0A1u00U3oy58Z01n0AuK This message has been rejected due to content judged to be spam by the internet community IB212 - If you feel this is in error, please submit a request using the following page. <https://checkspam.secureserver.net/?sid=examplexxxxxxxxxxxxx&mid=exampleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy>

HTH.