cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email malfunction

I am finding out recently that emails are not coming through.  Sometimes I do get an email from a copy sent to another email server (gmail) that I have set up, but there is no email in the GoDaddy email account.  Sometimes people contact me to tell me that their emails are getting bounced back and they can't get an email to me.  Not all failed emails get a bounced back notice, making the whole thing more dangerous!

I just called GoDaddy and was told that I will have a 17 minute wait.  Really?  Their system also would not easily take prompts.

Is this a GoDaddy meltdown?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: email malfunction

Hello @denverbc and welcome to the community. 

That is probably cause they having alot of callers.

What GoDaddy email platform are you using? 

Sounds like you have email forwarding setup, is that correct?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Re: email malfunction/?isc=gdcommment

I have a copy being sent to another email, the GoDaddy mailbox/server and it downloads into windows outlook so there are 3 ways for me to get the email. I usually only work with outlook unless I perceive a problem. The last case I saw an important email in the account that gets the copy and no where else. I have had emails bounce back and am told by person sending.

I’m sure the 17 minute delay is because so many people are calling, but why are so many ppl calling?

Sent from my iPhone
Super User I
Super User I

Re: email malfunction/?isc=gdcommment

@denverbc 

Are you setup for POP? Or IMAP? I'm assuming POP if you looked for emails on the GoDaddy web client and they weren't there.

Probably because GoDaddy is a big company and alot of people wanting answers to there question(s).

Have you check your MX records to make sure they are setup correct? If not, could you share with the community your domain name? 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***