cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? SSL SAN updates delete all DNS "A" records

For about the last month (May 2019) whenever I add a new Subject Alternative Name (SAN) to my SSL certificate all of the "A" records for the domains and subdomains on the SAN are deleted. Domains and subdomains not on the SSL certificate are left alone.

Although it is easy to manually replace the A records, this is clearly a bug.

Multiple repeated calls to GoDaddy technical support have gone nowhere.  In fact, on my most recent call, the support agent simply told me that I would need to purchase a more expensive service and "conveniently" added that service to my shopping cart.  

Has anyone else experienced this same problem?  What has been your resolution to it?

And if anyone from GoDaddy is monitoring these forums, please contact me and I can walk you through exactly what I'm doing.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Bug? SSL SAN updates delete all DNS "A" records

@mjbalcer 

The users in this Community forum have no access to your account or ability to research this issue for you. It sounds like something has gone wrong in the setup which would require backend access. Please contact the customer support team at one of the numbers in the link below so they can review the issue and determine the the issue. If calling isn't an option for you, please try live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community