cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cannot extract zipped file in Plesk hosting

I am using Ultimate Windows Hosting, and have hosted a WordPress website. I am not able to extract any zipped files, and GoDaddy is so much dependent on Plesk for resolution of this issue. 

Now there is no ETR in this issue. Completely stuck due to this issue.

Below is the error.

error.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Solution

Re: Cannot extract zipped file in Plesk hosting

Hello jesha,

I hope you are well. Please follow these steps to unzip files in Plesk Hosting.

You can unzip any .zip files on your hosting account.

1. Login into your Plesk shared hosting account.
  2. Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
  3. Click Plesk Admin.
  4. Click the File tab.
  5. Select the file you want to unzip, click More, and then click Extract Files.
  6. Click OK.

After unzipping them, you might want to move the files.

Note: If you are unable to unzip files, then may be files are corrupt or it may be contains virus.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy PRO | Founder/CEO at TechMag, ZulWeb, Enter To Study

I am having the same problem. I cannot extract ZIP files in Plex Hosting.

I followed your instructions. When I click on the Extract button, I get this error message:

Unable to extract /httpdocs/Maps/Phones/app283.zip: Unable to start (C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c C:\Program Files "(x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\7z.exe t -tzip G:

\PleskVhosts\davidapps.net\httpdocs\Maps\Phones\app283.zip "): (1260) This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator.

at Plesk impersonation(PipeServer:Smiley FrustratederverThread::impersonateRunAs line 726) at Unable to unpack archive G:\PleskVhosts\davidapps.net\httpdocs\Maps\Phones

\app283.zip(UnpackArchive:Smiley SurprisednRunAsUser line 2709)

Note: I am logged in as the Plex Admin.

The zip file is not corrupted. For a test, I zipped two small files. It gave me the same error message. This was working a few weeks ago. The message says there is a Group Policy that is preventing the 7z.exe program to run.

Best regards,

David

Unable to unzip a file.jpg

Plesk new version is not supported. Means you can't extract zip file.

Hi Sahil,

Thanks so much for your quick response.

If you cannot extract ZIP files any more, then how are you supposed to upload a large collection of files to your hosted web server?

Uploading all the files and folders one at a time will take for ever!

Best regards,

David Das

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey Everyone. I just wanted to update here for clarity. We're currently in the process of upgrading all of our Plesk accounts to Onyx. Not all accounts have been moved over yet. Those that have not been upgraded can use the instructions that @ZulWeb mentioned.

However, the new version of Plesk runs the unzip command as an executable from the customer's user. Per Windows servers best practices, we do not allow customers to run executable files on shared hosting servers. The ability to unzip without the use of an executable has been escalated to Plesk and will be a change made in Plesk 17.9. The current release date for this change is undetermined.

If you're on an account with Plesk Onyx, archived files would need to be uncompressed before uploading them to the Plesk server. Any compilation would have to happen prior to the site being uploaded or not using the Roslyn compiler in your .NET project. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.