cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

File time is two hours off

My IP security cameras transfer mp4 and jpg files via FTP to my website when motion is detected.  The file times show as two hours earlier than my correct eastern standard time.  Go Daddy Phone help was unable to help.  Any idea how to correct this?  Thanks in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: File time is two hours off

@GaryPSU 

That sounds like a server configuration issue. If you're on a shared server, I don't know that this can be corrected to meet your need exactly as the server is shared and they generally won't make those kinds of changes. That being said, you should have the ability to set your instance to the correct date and it should stay.

For more control over your hosting environment, I really do suggest upgrading to a VPS/Dedicated server for more customized hosting requirements.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Yes, the "Web Hosting" plans are shared.  The servers are on Mountain Time which is 2 hours behind Eastern.  I am not the most familiar with Plesk, but check in the settings for timezone.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@GaryPSU 

That sounds like a server configuration issue. If you're on a shared server, I don't know that this can be corrected to meet your need exactly as the server is shared and they generally won't make those kinds of changes. That being said, you should have the ability to set your instance to the correct date and it should stay.

For more control over your hosting environment, I really do suggest upgrading to a VPS/Dedicated server for more customized hosting requirements.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

I assume that I am on a shared server since I have an economy plan. I’m not a business, just have a site for personal use.  The date is correct, but not the time.  Are you saying that I can’t change my FTP files upload time to my local time?

Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Yes, the "Web Hosting" plans are shared.  The servers are on Mountain Time which is 2 hours behind Eastern.  I am not the most familiar with Plesk, but check in the settings for timezone.

Highlighted

Thanks for your responses.