cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

Is MySQL database access possible from ASP.NET?

I am in the process of moving an existing web site to GoDaddy using Ultimate Windows Hosting. The basics of the web site are working. However, I keep running into a permission denial issue when I attempt to access the MySQL database from ASP.Net code. The database is fully accessible from an external application but not from the GoDaddy web site. When attempting to access from GoDaddy, I get this mscorlib error:

Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.Odbc.OdbcPermission, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

I've been poking at this for a couple of days without success. This all works fine on my present hosting site.

I have no idea where the permission denial originates in the server system(s). Is there any solution for this? Is access even possible? 

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

This is resolved.

View solution in original post

Found the solution on the internet. Add <trust level="Full" /> as to the configuration section of web.config

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

<trust level="Full" />

</system.web>

4 REPLIES 4
Helper I

PS I noticed a similar issue from 2016 here  I wonder if this was ever resolved?

This is resolved.

Hello @John30 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

You marked this question as resolved, do you mind sharing how? Other end users who may encounter may benefit with your solved response 😁.

Thank you in advance for sharing and I hope you enjoy your weekend!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

Found the solution on the internet. Add <trust level="Full" /> as to the configuration section of web.config

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

<trust level="Full" />

</system.web>