cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My domain doesn't resolve to anywhere? Routing issue?

Hey guys,

Website is built using C# ASP.NET MVC

Very new to Plesk and manging domain routing, etc. I did a lot of looking around but didn't seem to find anything that meets my needs. For the sake of this post, lets say my domain is www.example.com.

For some reason when I try and hit www.example.com or example.com, I receive a  "Server Error in '/' application" message.

The way I have my routes mapped is that the default controller is the HomeController. If I hit example.com/Home, the Home action in the HomeController is called. If I hit example.com/About, the About action in the HomeController is called. Etc etc.

How can I configure my domain so that when a user hits www.example.com or example.com that they are automatically directed to the home page instead of getting the error page?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @CameronGray. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! It's hard to guess at what might be happening without more information. I'd suggest providing your actual domain name and the full error that you're seeing. That may help other Community members offer suggestions to help you move forward. Hope you're able to resolve this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.