cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I

Plesk update to Onyx

Hi, I received an email from GoDaddy at the start of November this email said Plesk accounts were being updated to Onyx. This means we will finally get our PHP version updated. Still this has not happened, can anyone shred any light on when it will happen. As the PHP version I have installed now says it is no longer supported at the end of this month. Surely this puts the security of our sites, data at risk? If anyone has an update on what we can expect and when I would love to hear from them. I have been a GoDaddy customer for many years now, but am a little concerned this rollout is taking to long.

Thanks Nige

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Plesk update to Onyx

Hi @Mike12. As far as I know, we're currently rolling out the Onyx update to Plesk customers. If it hasn't happened for you yet, there will be a follow-up email to let you know when the upgrade process begins for your account. Sorry for the delay, but it is still happening Smiley Happy

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Any updates?

It's now March 20, 2019 and there has been no further communications (email) regarding the upgrade to Onyx. Any timeline set?

Thanks.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @howardL Thanks for reaching out. Admittedly, the process of upgrading all servers is taking quite a while. This is due in part to our focus on reducing downtime for the servers that are being upgraded. Unfortunately, this isn't something we can push out to all servers at the same time. Each server has to be upgraded individually, which will obviously take some time. I still don't have a timeframe as to how long updating all servers in our environment will take, but I can assure you that it is in the works. We greatly appreciate your patience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Helper I

Im finally up and running with Onyx. It does look good so far and my PHP version is 7.3.4 which is nice.