cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Site no longer appears after godaddy moves to Plesk

One of the sites I maintain and host on Godaddy is no longer reachable via browsers. This happened within the past two weeks. Hosting and domain plans still paid for and in effect. I can only assume this was part of their migration to plesk. Shouldn't a transfer like this be seamless? Perhaps they sent an email, oh, wait, that's right. They shut down the workspace webmail a while back so forget that. Any insights? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ArtGuild 

I went to the site and it loaded on that IP address without issue.

Have you tried to clear your cache / restart your internet modem?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@ArtGuild 

Can you / did you confirm the IP address in the DNS matches to the server and what is the domain name?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@ArtGuild 

I went to the site and it loaded on that IP address without issue.

Have you tried to clear your cache / restart your internet modem?

View solution in original post

help desk reset something and site is now reachable. Their opinion was that it would not display since it lacked an SSL certificate.Not sure I believe that, as other sites without one will display, or if not, will present a warning notice. I have been using this site (it is low traffic with few updatings) and same browser continuously. Thanks for the advice, and I'll try your suggestion first if this happens again.

Joseph