cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Web deployment task failed. Could not connect to the remote computer

Using Plesk with a Windows server; trying to publish from VS2019.

Using credentials downloaded from Plesk -- Web deployment fails.

Removed Firewall and still got the same error...

Error message below:

Web deployment task failed. (Could not connect to the remote computer ("victorwelch.com"). On the remote computer, make sure that Web Deploy is installed and that the required process ("Web Management Service") is started. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE.)
This error indicates that you cannot connect to the server. Make sure the service URL is correct, firewall and network settings on this computer and on the server computer are configured properly, and the appropriate services have been started on the server.
Error details:
Could not connect to the remote computer ("victorwelch.com"). On the remote computer, make sure that Web Deploy is installed and that the required process ("Web Management Service") is started. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE.
Unable to connect to the remote server
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 104.24.109.164:8172

Additionally, Windows error explanation below:

ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE

Diagnosis: Web Management Service or Remote Agent is not installed or unreachable on the remote computer.

Resolution: Verify that Remote Agent Service or Web Management Service are started on the remote computer, depending on which one you are connecting to. You can do a "net start wmsvc & net start msdepsvc" on the remote computer to ensure these services are started. Also, ensure that a firewall is not interrupting communications with the destination.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Web deployment task failed. Could not connect to the remote computer

same with me. started happening all of a sudden.

I contacted support but they said they couldn't resolve it because i'm connecting with a 3rd party application (vs). but the problem is with the connection not the application since i had it going already.

FTP wont work for me also. i don't understand whats going on with godaddy but their blowing it.