cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Windows Hosting with Plesk is very slow first time hitting site

My site ran using Deluxe Web Hosting Windows for 10 years and it loaded fast every time. The site is just html with no database access and some images. 

I just moved to Windows Hosting with Plesk due to the ridiculous cost of renewing on the previous platform and the first hit on the site is very slow. Once most pages are hit then the pages load in 2ms.

I received an email with a link with the so called solution but the only thing that changed after ten years was the hosting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the response but I have given up and in the process of migrating to a different hosting provider due to lack of support for this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Hi @rjferretti. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It's hard to say what's happening in your case. I have to say that if it's only an HTML site, it seems strange that it wouldn't load fast every time. As far as I know, there isn't any server-side caching on Plesk accounts. This particular issue would be difficult to troubleshoot since it seems a bit intermittent. If you can share the domain of the site here, others might be able to take a look and offer suggestions of how you can get this resolved. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@rjferretti - I do see what you mean. I'm not sure why the loading time would change. However, I did notice that if I tried loading www.rayferretti.com/welcome.html, it seems to load quickly each time. When I check the site on builtwith.com, it seems to use ASP.NET. If it's really just an HTML site, then you may want to check to make sure you don't have any ASP.NET files at work. That could be what's causing the occasional delay. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks for the response but I have given up and in the process of migrating to a different hosting provider due to lack of support for this issue.

View solution in original post