cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

two-factor authentication

A coworker occasionally accesses my web site to correct data errors.  Recently when trying to login using Chrome and Firefox on a Mac she got a message asking where to deliver an authentication code, my email address or phone (I have not requested two-factor authentication).  Using Safari on a Mac she does not get this message.

I recently stumbled across the Delegate Access function.  A couple of times I tried the feature to request access for the Coworker, she received a message, but after replying got an error message.  Then, a couple of days ago going through the same procedure, she received a 'you now have access' message but nothing had changed from her end.  I had a pending message which did not change either.

Does anyone know anything about what is going on?

(I was going to add the messages to this post but had problems uploading them)

Thanks, Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We found out yesterday that although we still could not get Delegate Access to work, Request Access did work.  I am therefore going to close this discussion although I do think there is still and underlying problem that GoDaddy should investigate.

I would also like to suggest that GoDaddy needs to improve its user communication by having service that can tell people when there are changes that are likely to impact their activities and to provide decent documentation of new features.

Thanks to everyone who provided input into this issue.

Mike

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User IV

@mikeb1 

1) So are they trying to log into your GoDaddy account or to a website itself? 

2) Re: Delegated Access - do they have their own GoDaddy account - if not I suggest creating one and then sending an access request to the email address linked with that account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

1) My GoDaddy account.

2) Yes, they do have their own GoDaddy account and I sent the request to the email address on the account.

@mikeb1 

Very Strange - they should be able to go to https://account.godaddy.com/access and see the access to your account 

and if you go to that link you should be able to see them listed.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

It still says Access level : Pending

@mikeb1 

You may need to resubmit the request or they need to log in and accept it 😞 

Both these actions have been done.  My account still says: Access level : Pending.  What does this mean, pending what?

Community Manager

Hey @mikeb1. Thanks for posting. Often issues like this are caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.). If that also doesn't work, you'll want to try to connect with support. Something might be "stuck" on the back end. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

We found out yesterday that although we still could not get Delegate Access to work, Request Access did work.  I am therefore going to close this discussion although I do think there is still and underlying problem that GoDaddy should investigate.

I would also like to suggest that GoDaddy needs to improve its user communication by having service that can tell people when there are changes that are likely to impact their activities and to provide decent documentation of new features.

Thanks to everyone who provided input into this issue.

Mike

View solution in original post