Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Marta21
New

Can I purchase multiple SSL certificates?

Hello,

I have multiple projects that I work which are using the same domain name, ex:

subdomain1.mydomain.com

subdomain2.mydomain.com

subdomain3.mydomain.com

Can i buy a new SSL certificate for each subdomain?

I'm aware that there is a wildcard ssl, i was using an SSL certificate that allows me to connect up to 5 domains, but everytime i add a new domain it affects and revokes the certificates for the others.

That is why i wanted to buy a new certificate for each to keep each one isolated.

Is that possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @Marta21,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, depending on the type of hosting or server you're using, you can purchase multiple certificates to install for each subdomain. However, it seems you're confusing the alternative of a UCC/SANs SSL, which does require reinstallation at every addition to the Subject Alternative Names. A Wildcard allows for an unlimited number of subdomains for the same root domain. This allows the certificate to authenticate and provide HTTPS encryption to a website and all of its subdomains under the same base domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @Marta21,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, depending on the type of hosting or server you're using, you can purchase multiple certificates to install for each subdomain. However, it seems you're confusing the alternative of a UCC/SANs SSL, which does require reinstallation at every addition to the Subject Alternative Names. A Wildcard allows for an unlimited number of subdomains for the same root domain. This allows the certificate to authenticate and provide HTTPS encryption to a website and all of its subdomains under the same base domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post