cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Connection is not private, but website have ssl certificate

Hello, 

my website is https://www.videostrana.com. SSL certification validity period is 17/4/2019 - 17/4/2020. 

But i'm having issues with my website saying:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.videostrana.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). 

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is www.videostrana.com; its security certificate is from shortener.secureserver.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

What do I do to fix the problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Connection is not private, but website have ssl certificate

@violetamatuk 

Are you using this domain to mask another domain? I'm trying to to see how you have the domain pointed and where you expect it go.

It seems like you are pointing the domain to the shortening service which if it works like the web forwarding does not support https:// which is why you are getting a certificate mismatch

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites

No, not using. And what i to do?

Super User II
Super User II

@violetamatuk 

Do you have a server with GoDaddy or Somewhere else??? - where are you trying to get this domain to go to what website or IP address?

I have a server and domain from GoDaddy. I want to display the videostrana.com domain to this domain.

Super User II
Super User II

I am assuming for the moment you have a cPanel server (My Account -> Web Hosting)

What you need to do is in the GoDaddy DNS update the IP address for your domain to the IP of your server.  Somehow your domain got linked with the GoDaddy Shortener (Think bit.ly - but powered by GoDaddy)

That is why you are having this issue

Hello again, which one is bad? My domain IP is marked with a red color in photos. Please help me,i don't know very well this..

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@violetamatuk 

You'll notice there is no pencil next to the 184... record so

Step 1) Make sure there is no forward setup (see bottom of the DNS manager - lower right corner)

Step 2) https://shortener.godaddy.com/urls Make sure you don't have anything setup here - If so I would delete any that don't look correct

Hopefully then if you refresh the DNS that 184 line will be gone - you may see a record that says parked, but it will have a pencil so you can adjust it

Notice 1 is helped for me, i deleted it this 184 record, but anyway, connection is still not private..

Thanks for your help, now is working.

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

I was able to get to the site - says "Join the best dating site in the world"  

It would also adjust that main a record - set the TTL to custom 600 (which is 10 minutes)

Now you might just have to wait for your local cache to clear - you can try a private web browser or restarting your computer - but you should be good to go