Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Dan1an
Novice

Is this a phishing email from GoDaddy?

Hi, 

Received the following email, not tried the link, logged in to my godaddy indirectly and cant see any alerts, is it a phishing attempt?

Sensitive data replaced by x's

Double-check your domain contact info.

ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, requires us to ask you to review and update your details for the following domain(s):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Verify Your Info Now

You must sign in to view and update the domain details. Here's your Domain Key in case you're prompted to enter it after signing in: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's why it matters:

Inaccurate contact details can result in website downtime or domain cancellation. If your domain contact info is up to date, you're good to go. If not, then you need to correct it.

You can review the ICANN policy here. Questions? Call 24/7 Support at 020 7084 1810.

As a thank you, take 30%* off your next new order.

Enter promo code xxxxxxxxxxxx at checkout.

*See offer terms, conditions and legal policies.

Note: If you are the domain administrator of more than one GoDaddy domain account, you may receive this notice multiple times.

Please do not reply to this email, as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address.

Copyright © 1999-2018 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. 14455 N. Hayden Rd, Ste. 219, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA. All rights reserved.

1 REPLY 1
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

Re: Double check your domain contact info email

As near as I can tell that seems like a legitimate email @Dan1an but I'm not really in the habit of calling balls and strikes when it comes to phishing emails. Basically I'm saying don't trust my view, trust your own. When it comes to email and text links I typically advise a few tips as best practice. 

1. Never Click on Hyperlinks in Email
  2. Pay Attention to Inconsistencies in Links and Domain Names
  3. Never Enter Sensitive Information in a Pop Up Window
  4. Question Emails Requesting Login Credentials, Payment Information or Other Sensitive Information
  5. Educate yourself on Phishing Attacks
  6. Note Emails Containing Spelling Mistakes
  7. Keep Antivirus Protection Current
  8. Be Wary of Suspicious Attachments
  9. Pay Attention to Inconsistencies in Email Addresses
  10. Verify HTTPS on Address Bar

There is a still prudent GoDaddy Garage article Email Phishing: Think before you link. Seems like these guys are getting more convincing everyday. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head