Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
BH98
New

.PFX certificate

Hi all.

I'm really quite stuck. I've tried multiple converters, OpenSSL commands on my own PC, and contacting support all of which have not helped.

I'm trying to get my SSL certificate into a .PFX format. I use a third party service provider for a marketplace I run. All I know is that I need the certificate in a .PFX format. That's it. They don't (and haven't) told me which server type they run on or how to do it myself. They have told me to contact GoDaddy to ask them for it in this format however support told me they are "not trained" in that area and linked me to multiple online converters which have not worked.

I re-keyed my certificate, which did nothing seemingly, and now I can't find the latest CSR or private key.

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello

Have you found an answer to your issue?

I had the same issue when I first bought my certificate, in March, through GoDaddy.  No one could help.  GoDaddy support kept giving me links which didn't go anywhere.  I cancelled the certificate because I didn't need it after all.

I recently purchased another certificate because I had to set up a Remote Desktop Gateway. I found a way to convert the CRT file generated by GoDaddy to a PFX file.

Here is the link.  You have to create a CSR and KEY file.  Use the CSR to rekey your certificate.  Download the ZIP folder and extract the files to the same folder you have your CSR and KEY file.  I created a folder called SSL in my C drive and put everything in there.  Follow the link.  The first command shows how to generate a CSR and KEY file.  The last command shows how to create a PFX file.

The Most Common OpenSSL Commands (sslshopper.com)

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello

Have you found an answer to your issue?

I had the same issue when I first bought my certificate, in March, through GoDaddy.  No one could help.  GoDaddy support kept giving me links which didn't go anywhere.  I cancelled the certificate because I didn't need it after all.

I recently purchased another certificate because I had to set up a Remote Desktop Gateway. I found a way to convert the CRT file generated by GoDaddy to a PFX file.

Here is the link.  You have to create a CSR and KEY file.  Use the CSR to rekey your certificate.  Download the ZIP folder and extract the files to the same folder you have your CSR and KEY file.  I created a folder called SSL in my C drive and put everything in there.  Follow the link.  The first command shows how to generate a CSR and KEY file.  The last command shows how to create a PFX file.

The Most Common OpenSSL Commands (sslshopper.com)

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post