Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL Error Message: Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

This error happened to me after completing a DV install. I got the error after accessing my now-https website via desktop and smartphone. The cause -- my router's cache. SOLUTION: All I had to do was disconnect and (after a minute or two) reconnect the router. That cleared the cache.

A GoDaddy agent reached this solution by making sure the SSL Certificate was correct technically, then asked me to access my website via smartphone -- but without using my wifi. Tried it and it worked!

Hope this helps others.

The "accepted solution" answer to a similar forum topic in 2019 was just to contact GoDaddy and let the adviser know what was said. There was no feedback from the original questioner, and there was no way I could reply. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATE -- Spoke too soon . . . the above step worked only once or twice!  I decided to reboot my computer (leaving it off for a short while) and my smartphone, just as I did with the router. Since then, I've successfully logged onto my SSL-protected website using them multiple times with no error message.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

UPDATE -- Spoke too soon . . . the above step worked only once or twice!  I decided to reboot my computer (leaving it off for a short while) and my smartphone, just as I did with the router. Since then, I've successfully logged onto my SSL-protected website using them multiple times with no error message.

View solution in original post