cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

UCC and Wildcard SSL Certificate Combined

Is it possible to create one Standard SSL certificate that includes two SAN domains (e.g. website1.com and website2.com) and a wildcard domain (*.website.com) and install it on multiple servers?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: UCC and Wildcard SSL Certificate Combined

Hi @CThoms, it sounds like you would need a UCC Certificate as a standard SSL would not allow you to cover two different domains.  A UCC would allow you to cover multiple domains and install the certificate on more than one server.  You can read more about the UCC option here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-a-multiple-domain-ucc-ssl-certificate-3908?.

MPC

New

Thank you for the reply and explanation of the UCC certificate. So can I combine a UCC certificate and a Wildcard certificate into one certificate (for ease of management and installation), and if so, who do I contact for pricing?

Hi. Did someone verify CTHOM's validation? Godaddy support keeps on telling me that wildcards are not supported in UCC certificates.

Highlighted
Solution

Hey @CThoms@jollero,

Wildcard and UCC certificates are two different types of SSL certificates and cannot be combined in installation onto the same server.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support