cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Adding a Business Name to your Smartline

Hi Everyone,

Just register on a free trier on the local number smartline. I am just trying it out and I decided to call my home phone with the new system. My new number showed on my caller ID, which is nice but not good enough. I thought it would be a good or an improved idea if my business name shows on the caller ID. Meaning: Number and your Business name shows, what do you think?

Waiting for any response. Smiley Happy 

Andy,

CulturesConverge, LLC

32 REPLIES 32
Employee
Employee

Re: Adding a Business Name to your Smartline

Hello @andynj38,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You're not alone in this request, we've had other customers requesting it as well. It is on our radar to consider offering this feature, so it would really help us if you could share why showing your Business Name as the outgoing Caller ID is important to your business and how you are using it? 

If you don't mind sharing with us, what kind of industry is your business in and have you used a similar service that offers this feature?

Thanks,

Helen

It's important to have the business name show up so the customer will answer the phone. Like the rest of us, we're worn out on telemarketers and customers will not answer the phone if they don't recognize the number or have us stored in their caller list.

Employee
Employee

Hello @Fullarmor

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this feature request.

If you don't mind sharing with us, what kind of industry is your business in and have you used a similar service that offers this feature? Also, are you calling customers that know you but possibly don't have your number stored or are you reaching out to new potentials clients?

Thanks,

Helen

New

I would also like to request this feature. I think the previous user clearly stated the obvious, people will not answer their telephone if they don't know who the call is from or if they don't recognize the number. Nobody memorizes phone numbers these days. Also if a new customer has just called your business for the first time, then left a message which you are now returning, it's doubtful they would have added your number to their contact list. Please seriously consider adding this feature. And before you ask I do mind telling you what business I'm in, I think that's irrelevant. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

@AlohaHelenwrote:

Hello @Fullarmor

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this feature request.

If you don't mind sharing with us, what kind of industry is your business in and have you used a similar service that offers this feature? Also, are you calling customers that know you but possibly don't have your number stored or are you reaching out to new potentials clients?

Thanks,

Helen

I can't believe you're even asking these questions at this point. People were asking for this feature six months ago. It should be abundantly clear why this is important. Are you the only person on the planet who doesn't receive calls from telemarketers and scammers?

It’s important so when you’re calling customers they know who is calling and answer your phone call. That’s an important feature for any business line, I’m considering switching to somebody else if you guys don’t offer it soon.

This seems to be an obvious need / customer requirement. Is this planned or just on your radar - I am currently using the 30 day trial for my corporation.
Thx
New

@andynj38wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just register on a free trier on the local number smartline. I am just trying it out and I decided to call my home phone with the new system. My new number showed on my caller ID, which is nice but not good enough. I thought it would be a good or an improved idea if my business name shows on the caller ID. Meaning: Number and your Business name shows, what do you think?

Waiting for any response. Smiley Happy 

Andy,

CulturesConverge, LLC

This has been asked several times before and the same answers from godaddy have been given. I gave it a chance for about a 8 months and people will not answer the call if they don't see who is calling them. I don't see this coming any time soon unfortunately. I will not be renewing mine.

One common need for CNAM with the Business Name is running multiple Google Adwords Call Only Campaigns where the customer just clicks an ad to initiate a call with a Google provided temporary tracking phone number but you cal them back from your business number and they don't answer because that's not the number that got dialed from their phone when they clicked the ad.

I just signed up for the trial today my self and being in the service industry I need my clients to know when I am calling.  I tested this and the number shows but the caller ID says "Whitham I" - completely random.  Can anyone give a definitive date the outgoing caller ID will launch?  

Hey @shannonl,

This is still on our developer radar for a future release. Unfortunately, we have no further announced details giving an estimated time of delivery.

I'll pass this request along so they are aware of the active interest in this feature. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Sure hope it's soon.

Well i just lost business because i called customer and on their phone it states unknown...so customer did not answer and i had to call customer back on my own cell phone number granted customer mailbox was full the few times i called from smartline but smartline/godaddy need to get with the program with the caller id.

At this point, I hope it is beyond  just being on the developer's radar. I have started testing and this caught my eye right away, I wouldn't recommend a product that doesn't support the most basic of features. Maybe this is the reason  this product is not  marketed strongly. Nice try, but if this is not resolved soon I will have no choice as to terminate my Smartline subscription.  I'm glad it is month to month basis, because I'm leaving. 

Are the numbers portable? 

Thank you,

E1

I just canceled my trial because this seems to have been on the radar for change for sometime with no results.  If they get it fixed I might give it a try if I don't find something else.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @shannonl! The Smartline team will come back and update this thread when we get the feature built and released. Take care!

Rachel

without CNAM the smartline is a waste of time and money for business users. I'm on the free trail but am going to cancel it because of this. seems like something that should have been in the development from the beginning.

yeah just lost another customer when i called back they did not answer so why am i paying to have this service...i'm really considering getting rid of this and go with an extra phone which i did not want but i'm losing business and this business would be able to pay for the extra phone and not the headache of missed phone calls...i just did not want to carry around two phones and sometimes three for my full time job.      

I'm having the issue with it only displaying my phone number when calling from the Godaddy phone app. I get a lot of people that say they did not pick up the phone or was about to not pick up the phone because they thought it was a telemarketer. It also made it tough when I asked for a cedar rapids phone number but ended up getting a waterloo phone number so when the phone number shows up in a city that is 45 mins away that makes them think that it is more likely that it is a telemarketer. I was thinking that this would be a good service, but will probably cancel and just break down and get a business phone.

I agree 100% ... you should be able to list your BUSINESS NAME  to your Smartline phone number profile so that outgoing calls show not only your number.. but YOUR BUSINESS NAME!   Please update this feature!    ALSO... does anyone know if you can delete all calls and or messages at the end of the day ?  or does this information just stay on your phone forever?  There should be a way to delete all of this....

Many people WILL NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE if they do not know who is calling...  therefore... it is VERY IMPORTANT for businesses to show their BUSINESS NAME along with the phone number when calling a customer back.

I own COLLECTORWIZ.COM and we receive many calls that require call back for references on antiques, sports memorabilia, etc.  ..... without knowing its Collector Wiz calling them back... they probably won't answer the phone.. thus.. creating a vicious phone call merry-go-round.. endless cycle.  Smiley Sad

PLEASE UPDATE THIS FEATURE TO SMARTLINE  <3

Having your business name show up is CRUCIAL and of UTMOST importance. If this feature isn't added, there's no way I would continue with Godaddy Smart line. already paying tons of cash on all other features, why don't you guys help us out (your loyal customers) !

It is important for our potential customers to see our business name. I am doing cold call from interviewed leads, if I leave a voicemail or call the customer and my Business name show. I feel people will answer tbe phone if we have spoken to them and we both agreed to a follow up call. Oh that's Thelma calling me back I need to answer her call.

I may go back to my old service they offer tons of features for $20 month.
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi Everyone,

Caller ID name is a "pull" process, meaning that the phone that is receiving the call has to 'pull' the information and append the name or city. Unfortunately, the majority of cellular phone devices and carriers don't support displaying this data to mobile phones, and on landlines customers must both subscribe to the service and have a device capable of displaying it, and then rely on their carrier to check for the updated information. In our extensive experience the reliability and customer experience doesn't justify the cost to our customers.

JulietteR
New

I can't tell how old this thread is, but yes this service is an absolute must. I wrongly assumed my name or business name would automatically be used for the caller ID. Luckily the majority of my clients and I text message, so I can explain who I am in the initial text and they can change my contact info accordingly. But if this feature isnt fixed during my trial, I definitely will cancel

I don't buy it. Google Voice does it. iPlum does it.

Which service is that?

I am sorry, but this response is unacceptable. I went with Smartline because in my long experience with GoDaddy, you make the effort to solve problems.

Many if my outgoing calls are to leads and cold contacts who do not have me in their phones, and thus do not answer when I call. I've lost 3 cases since using this service.

I really enjoy the service I receive from GoDaddy, but I wont be abke to pay bills if I can't use the number as intended. If I must leave for another service which provides caller name service, is ny number portable?

I just got my second line today and will cancel for this reason. I also made the assumption that collar ID meant do usual thing.
New

Wow, I just signed up for the free trial and saw this I'm going to cancel it right now complete waste of time not being able to display my company's name and very disappointing seeing the same answer over and over that they developers are looking into it
Employee
Employee

Hello @Aaron5 

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the lack of functionality to display your business name as the Caller ID.  

Displaying the Caller ID is not handled as one might expect in that the name is not passed on outbound calls and immediately displayed on the receiver's end.  Instead the Caller ID associated with a number is stored in what is called a CNAM database.  Displaying the Caller ID  is a “pull” process, meaning it is the responsibility of the receiving phone’s carrier to display the correct Caller ID.  So when a call is received from a number, the receiving carrier is supposed to look up the number in the CNAM database and then display the Caller ID to the receiver's phone.

Unfortunately, majority of carriers don’t always get the latest records and the info is only cached & not updated frequently enough.  So if we were to offer this feature, it'll still be up to the receiver's carrier to get the latest info and may display outdated info instead of your business name.  This means you may have differing results calling different numbers and some of your clients still won't know you're calling.

We believe the unreliability and the dependency on other carriers would jeopardize yours and your client’s experience and offering this feature cause more harm than good. I hope this clarifies on why we are not able to offer this feature at this time.

Thanks,

Helen