cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to read and send SmartLine texts from a computer?

Is it possible to read and send SmartLine texts from a computer, like you can with iMessage?  If so, is there a certain app I have to install / download?  I hate sending long text messages from my phone; it's so much easier to type on a keyboard!

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Re: reading and sending smart line texts from computer

Hey @hnholmes 

Unfortunately, no. At this point that's not a feature that's been added to Smartline.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: reading and sending smart line texts from computer/?isc=gdcommment

That’s too bad. Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: reading and sending smart line texts from computer/?isc=gdcommment

I also wish this was available.  In addition to Smartline, I also use Sideline for some of my business calls, and they have an online web interface that you can use through a computer browser to send and receive text messages.  Given GoDaddy's web/Internet presence, I can't for the life of my figure out why they didn't include this as a feature.

Re: Is it possible to read and send SmartLine texts from a computer?

I would like to see this feature as well. As a Real Estate agent, I do a great deal of texting and it's much easier on my laptop or pc vs. my phone or even my iPad. Also makes multi-tasking easier!

I would also like to see this feature added.  I am an attorney and have to use text messaging to reach my clients more and more often.  I am required to keep copies of communications with clients and about their cases.  It is very cumbersome to have to screenshot all of those messages before closing a case file.  If this is not changed, I may have to rethink using GoDaddy and use another option entirely.

I need this too.   Sometimes I am not able to use my phone (international travel, battery issues etc.) and badly need a backup.

ESPECIALLY because that text number as secondary authentication.