cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to send bitmoji?

After I select a bitmoji I can't paste it into the outgoing text message. Am I doing it wrong, or is it not possible to use bitmoji directly?

I am receiving bitmoji from other people in the texts they send me. And I can send them pictures that are stored on my phone.

This is on an iPhone 11 Pro.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Is it possible to send bitmoji?

@rstoeber 

That sounds like a possible glitch or maybe a caching issue of some sort in the app or phone. I'd try to reset my phone first and make any updates that it suggests. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting phone support or live chat.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

@MrVapor

Nope. Rebooting didn't help. Phone is an iPhone 11 Pro and all apps are up-to-date.

Are you suggesting that it works for you?

The SmartLine app allows me to open and select Bitmoji. But, then it doesn't give me a "paste" option to put the Bitmoji into the new text.

I have confirmed this behavior with another user. They are using an older iPhone X and have exactly the same problem.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@rstoeber 

I use an iPhone 7 and I can confirm it seems to be working correctly for me. I honestly don't know what's causing it on yours. I'm thinking you really need to call in to see if they can do some diagnostics on their end.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

@MrVapor 

I don't think there is anything they can diagnose on their end. It's not a problem with the service. It will allow me to send and receive photos just fine.

The problem is in the app. It does not let us paste images into the text field. If we copy text from a different app, then go into SmartLine, we get a paste option and we can paste our text into the text area. If we copy an image from anywhere, the SmartLine app just doesn't give us a paste option at all. So, it's not specific to Bitmoji - we can't paste any image into the text area.

We have confirmed this now on 3 different iPhones: 5s, X and 11 Pro. They are running iOS 12.4 and 13.3 and 13.3.1 and the problem is identical on all variations.

I made a short video to demonstrate:

https://rstoeber.com/demo/SmartLine-no-Bitmoji.mp4

If the video works you will see that I can type a phone number, then switch to the Bitmoji keyboard and select an image. Then I'm tapping on the text area, but never get a paste option. I try two different bitmoji but can't paste them. At the end of the video I delete the phone number and tap in that space - you'll see that I do get the paste option for the phone number (but obviously can't paste an image into the phone space).

So, in my humble opinion, the iOS SmartLine app has a bug in the text input field. If anyone knows how to report that to the proper authorities, please go ahead. Thanks.

P.s. I tried to use the video camera button here to upload my video. It asked for a URL, which I provided and I know it works. But, all I got was an error saying it wasn't a valid URL (but it is). I'll try to attach a picture of that error.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 10.39.22 AM.png