cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Outbound caller id is a NECESSITY

I just signed up for SmartLine.  It is a great idea but USELESS if the developers cannot find a way to have my name or business show up on a person's caller id.  I have seen old posts on this promising for a future release.  I would like someone to actually give a date that this will be fixed.   Cell phone companies can do this.  When can we expect this from Smart Line?  I really don't want to have to cancel!

16 REPLIES 16
Employee
Employee

Re: Outbound caller id is a NECESSITY

Hi @WebWeaver,

I really appreciate your thoughts on the need for outbound caller id. As SmartLine is relatively new to GoDaddy, we’re working hard on making the best product possible and that does include adding new features. This is definitely a feature that we know is important to our customers, and we want to get it added. Sorry I can’t be more specific as to give you a date, but we will definitely get back to you as soon as we have further updates.

@Pete_R

I read in another thread that it was to be released sometime in 2018. This has been an ongoing request for awhile now, any updates?!

Employee
Employee

Hello @Cadallaca

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Sorry we don't have any updates at this time.  When we do, we'll post an announcement in the SmartLine Community.

Thanks,

Helen

Same issue here. CNAM should be a simple process. When it is updated in the national database it is then distributed to local phone companies through their scheduled downloads of the database. Most companies it is overnight for many smaller companies (Cox for example) it may take up to 45 days.

Is godaddy registered with the FCC to offer cnam?

Any business owner NEEDS the callerid to work.

Any word on an ETA FOR THE CNAM issue?

Ps I posted this on 7/16/18. Knowing the date will help others.

Ps I posted this on July 16 2018. Knowing the date will help others.
Employee
Employee

Hi @Oopsnow,

Thank you for your feedback. We're focused on quality and performance of the SmartLine app to build a better foundation in order to offer new features quicker - such as showing custom business name for outbound caller ID. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have an ETA for this feature. When we do have an ETA, we will update the Community as soon as we know.

Thanks,

Peter

Yup looks like I wasted my time signing up for SmartLine. If my business can't have outgoing caller id then this line is worthless. Guess I'll just carry a second cell phone so I can have a separate business line.

Employee
Employee

Hello @careyr07

Does your 2nd cell phone service offer the ability to customize the outbound Caller ID? If you don't mind sharing, what service provider are you using?

Thanks,

Helen

It doesn’t have to be customized. Caller ID will give the name of the individual or business the number is registered to. That’s been the case for like 20 years when you had the caller id box.

Yes MOST cell providers allow you to manage your CNAM online within your acct.

CNAM should be the individual who is the user of the service but self service allows changes to be made at anytime. I am not saying those changes are within guidelines just not monitored from what I have seen.

I’m not trying to be mean to the folks working on the app, as the concept is a good one, but outbound caller ID is literally the first thing that comes to mind after being able to utilize a business line on your cellphone. It’s kind of crazy that they even bothered to roll out the app without outbound caller ID.

Other things like being able to have a customized number are nice, but still not deal breakers like caller ID.

Posted 09/02/18
New

I just signed up for the free check it out service today, 10/5/18. If I can't change the caller ID, I will not continue. The caller I'D is a critical component when returning customer calls.

I vote for caller ID as well as the most needed improvement for SmartLine.

I completely agree, this has been an issue with smartline for OVER A YEAR NOW! What's the major malfunction??? Correct the service or quit offering it altogether. Seriously... Get it together guys

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi Everyone,

Caller ID name is a "pull" process, meaning that the phone that is receiving the call has to 'pull' the information and append the name or city. Unfortunately, the majority of cellular phone devices and carriers don't support displaying this data to mobile phones, and on landlines customers must both subscribe to the service and have a device capable of displaying it, and then rely on their carrier to check for the updated information. In our extensive experience the reliability and customer experience doesn't justify the cost to our customers.

JulietteR