cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

"AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Please join the GoDaddy Smartline team for a chat on Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT. You'll have the opportunity to meet some of our team and ask them questions about our Smartline product.

Here's how it'll work:

1. You can add to this post for our team to answer through the end of the day on Wednesday, March 21st.

2. The team will address your questions for one hour.

3. After the AMA is finished, the Smartline AMA post will be closed to additional questions.

4. If you can't join the AMA, no problem. You'll be able to read all of the questions and answers that were posted after the session is over.

5. Mark your calendars. Meet our great group of Smartline team members and hear more about our Smartline product. 

Hope to see you there!!

Rachel

37 REPLIES 37
New

1. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Outbound Caller ID Name CNAM. Is this on your radar? It should show the business name because customers are more likely to answer your call then from an unknown number.

Thanks

Helper II

2. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

I'm a small business owner and have 3 employees. I'm wondering if we can use Smartline and share our business number between the four of us. Thanks!

3. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Hi, I am wondering if you will ever make the calls/texts like a real phone. This grouped together for each person stinks. I want a call log and then texts grouped by number. There is no easy way to find out who called and the phone number. As it is, it's just to hard to use.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

4. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Hi all,
Several times I have tried entered smart line phone number into a form. On occasion I have received messages saying please enter a valid phone number. When I enter my regular cell phone number everything is good. Why is my smart line number sometimes not being recognized as a valid cell phone number?

Thanks,
James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

5. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Does it have a directory option, like press one for Nicole, press two for Danielle, etc? 

6. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

We use a similar service called Grasshopper so it would be good to know the benefits vs https://grasshopper.com/

Also, any info on number porting if available. (moving your phone from another service.)

Thanks!

SiteDragon.com | MarketerToolbox.co
Helper II
Helper II

7. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Hi There,

A feature request is when a contact is known on the Android phone (v7.1.1) that SmartLine (records and displays) not just the contact's name but also the phone number of the incoming or outgoing call. 

The reason for asking is without knowing the phone number of an incoming caller, I don't know which number is best to call them back on.  Likewise for an outgoing call record, I don't know which number I called them on and maybe left a voicemail, which is useful to know if there is a a need to follow up.

Yes I have their contact information with their numbers (work & mobile) but the incoming/outgoing number they used for the phone call is unknown to me.

Currently when an incoming call is for an unknown contact then the phone number is recorded.  Can you not record and display both for known contacts as well?

Thanks for the feature consideration.  See screen shots below that document the issue.

Aly

Screenshot 1 - Just the contact names are shown, not the incoming/outgoing calls.

SmartLine-1.jpg

Call record detail again just shows the contacts name. SmartLine-2.jpg

Here is the contact's record showing both work & mobile numbers.SmartLine-3.jpg

Helper II
Helper II

8. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Hi There, 

Another feature request is can you offer call/text filters? 

If just one is possible then make that an unread filter that would just display those phone calls or texts that have not yet been read or listened to in a centralized way so you don't have to go into each record.  Ideally you could also filter on read calls/texts as well in a centralized way.

Thanks for the consideration.

Aly

Helper II
Helper II

Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

I second that suggestion.

Aly Smiley Happy

Community Manager
Community Manager

9. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Question asked on behalf of our GoDaddy Community members:

I have one phone number, and use it for everything -- friends, family, kid activities, and my small biz. I don't want to have 2 phone numbers. How should I think about this?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

10. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

I've been using SmartLine, and some of my messages are going to my "standard" VM? Frustrating. Why?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

11. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

I want to send text to a group of people. Why can I only send to one person at a time?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

12. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Question asked on behalf of our GoDaddy Community members;

Does SmartLine use my cell phone data plan to make calls?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

13. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

I've been using the Smartline app and it's seems really slow to load messages and to navigate to different screens. What are you going to do about this?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

14. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

My phone doesn't ring when I get a SmartLine call. Why is it going straight to voice mail?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

15. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

How do I know who's calling if it's from a SmartLine number?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

16. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

Can I get a vanity number to match my domain?

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

17. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

I run multiple small businesses, can I have multiple SmartLine numbers on my phone?

Rachel

Employee
Employee

Re: 9. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

I have one phone number, and use it for everything -- friends, family, kid activities, and my small biz. I don't want to have 2 phone numbers. How should I think about this?

If you have a system that works for you - that's great! We have found a lot of people prefer to have separate numbers so they know if they should greet their caller in a professional or personal style. Plus, sometimes you might not want your personal number published for anyone to call at any time of the day ... or night. One of the great things about our service is you can set your business hours. That means when you're spending time with your family, you can have your business calls go straight to voicemail.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for joining our Smartline AMA! We're here with you and will be answering questions throughout the hour. I'm with Kim, Peter & Helen from the Smartline team. Please feel free to add a question if you have anything in addition to what has already been asked. Thanks!

Rachel

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 3. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@beckx020wrote:

Hi, I am wondering if you will ever make the calls/texts like a real phone. This grouped together for each person stinks. I want a call log and then texts grouped by number. There is no easy way to find out who called and the phone number. As it is, it's just to hard to use.

Hello @beckx020

We have received positive feedback on the way calls/messages/voicemails are grouped together per contact. It gives a centralized view on a customer interaction in one place.

Is there any reason why you prefer to have your calls and messages separated? What job are you trying accomplish?  Can you elaborate on "There is no easy way to find out who called"?  If you have missed calls, it'll show in your notifications who called you.  

Thanks,

Helen

Employee
Employee

Re: 12. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

Does SmartLine use my cell phone data plan to make calls?

SmartLine makes calls using your existing cell phone carrier's cell service. An Internet connection is required to use the app and to send and receive texts, but SmartLine calls use your cell minutes rather than using your data plan.

Employee
Employee

Re: 1. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@tech01 wrote:

Outbound Caller ID Name CNAM. Is this on your radar? It should show the business name because customers are more likely to answer your call then from an unknown number.

Thanks

@tech01  Great feature suggestion! Customers are certainly more likely to answer your calls when they know who's calling - and it's not a spammer.  We definitely have this on our radar, and we'll let you know when it's available!  Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 15. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

How do I know who's calling if it's from a SmartLine number?

Rachel

When you receive a SmartLine call, you'll either see the caller's phone number or contact name (if contact is saved on your phone) with the GoDaddy logo as the contact avatar on the incoming call screen.  There may be times where we can't get the Caller ID in time and we show 'SmartLine Call' as the Caller ID instead.

Thanks,

Helen

Employee
Employee

Re: 16. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

Can I get a vanity number to match my domain?

Rachel

That's a great question and a great idea. We're currently working on bringing vanity numbers to our customers. We'll let you know when it's available!

Employee
Employee

Re: 17. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

I run multiple small businesses, can I have multiple SmartLine numbers on my phone?

We currently do allow you to purchase additional SmartLine numbers under the same account.  However, the current product is designed for a single user, single number and single device experience.  So, the experience for multiple numbers under the same account on the app won't be ideal and has limitations such as:

• No centralized view to see all activity for all numbers.
  • You'll have to switch numbers in the app to see a specific number's activity
  • For incoming calls, you cannot tell which number the call is for
  • To make outbound calls from a specific number, you'll need to switch to the number in the app

We have it on our roadmap to create a great experience for customers like you who want multiple SmartLine numbers on the same account.

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 11. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

I want to send text to a group of people. Why can I only send to one person at a time?

Rachel

Currently you can receive text messages if you're in a Group Text but they will appear as individual threads in SmartLine.  We do plan to support Group Texting like your native device & other apps. We'll let you know when it's ready to launch.

Thanks,

Helen

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 10. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

I've been using SmartLine, and some of my messages are going to my "standard" VM? Frustrating. Why?

Rachel

If SmartLine calls are going to your personal cell phone voicemail a couple things could cause that.  

1) You're rejecting/decline SmartLine calls. When you decline/reject a call your cellular service intercepts the signal and sends the caller to your personal voicemail. This issue is not unique to SmartLine and other providers that uses cellular service have the same exact issue. 

The work around is to ignore the call using your iPhone volume button/Android power button or let the call ring through. We have a timer on our end, if a call is not picked up by a certain time we send the caller to your SmartLine voicemail.

2) Your cell phone has a weak cell signal and your cell carrier intercepts the call instead.  Restarting your phone to reconnect to a cell tower may help in this situation.

Thanks,
Helen
Employee
Employee

Re: 6. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@SiteDragon wrote:

We use a similar service called Grasshopper so it would be good to know the benefits vs https://grasshopper.com/

Also, any info on number porting if available. (moving your phone from another service.)

Thanks!

@SiteDragon Yes! When you sign up for SmartLine, you can definitely bring your existing number!  Our customer service team can help make this happen. SmartLine's pricing is competitive with others, plus we will always provide great customer service!  Hope to see you on SmartLine soon!

Employee
Employee

Re: 2. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RebeccaMwrote:

I'm a small business owner and have 3 employees. I'm wondering if we can use Smartline and share our business number between the four of us. Thanks!

The current product is designed for a single user, single number and single device experience. With that said, it is possible to use SmartLine across multiple devices and receive notifications such as text messages and voicemails, however only the phone that is actively logged in will be able to send and receive calls.

We're working on improving the experience for businesses such as yours that need to share their number across multiple users.

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 14. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

My phone doesn't ring when I get a SmartLine call. Why is it going straight to voice mail?

Rachel

A few things could cause this:

1) The SmartLine app has Do not Disturb enabled.  When DND is on, all calls directed to voicemail.  Turn off DND to avoid this situation.

2) Business hours are set in the SmartLine app. Calls made during off time is automatically routed to voicemail

3) Your SmartLine # is unintentionally blocked on your device or by spam apps installed on your device.  Check to make sure your SmartLine # is not blocked.

4) Your Linked Mobile Number Phone is not setup or the entered number is incorrect or the entered number is not a US number.  Verify by going to Settings > Linked Mobile Number

Thanks,

Helen

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 13. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@RachelMwrote:

I've been using the Smartline app and it's seems really slow to load messages and to navigate to different screens. What are you going to do about this?

Rachel

We are aware of the app's performance issues. So it's a top priority for us to vastly improve the performance and we're actively working on a fix. We'll let you know when an update is available.

Thanks,

Helen

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 4. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@JMPepperwrote:

Hi all,
Several times I have tried entered smart line phone number into a form. On occasion I have received messages saying please enter a valid phone number. When I enter my regular cell phone number everything is good. Why is my smart line number sometimes not being recognized as a valid cell phone number?

Thanks,
James

Hi @JMPepper

If you're trying to use your SmartLine # to sign up for services, some systems will only send messages to cell phone numbers.  So, it is up to the other systems to allow messaging to SmartLine numbers.  SmartLine is not blocking text messages from other services. 

Thanks,

Helen

Employee
Employee

Re: 5. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@smackhappywrote:

Does it have a directory option, like press one for Nicole, press two for Danielle, etc? 

This is a great idea, and it is definitely something we have planned in the future. Right now SmartLine is designed for one user with one SmartLine number on one phone. We'll be sure to update the Community when this feature is available.

Product Team
Product Team

Re: 7. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@Alywrote:

Hi There,

A feature request is when a contact is known on the Android phone (v7.1.1) that SmartLine (records and displays) not just the contact's name but also the phone number of the incoming or outgoing call. 

The reason for asking is without knowing the phone number of an incoming caller, I don't know which number is best to call them back on.  Likewise for an outgoing call record, I don't know which number I called them on and maybe left a voicemail, which is useful to know if there is a a need to follow up.

Yes I have their contact information with their numbers (work & mobile) but the incoming/outgoing number they used for the phone call is unknown to me.

Currently when an incoming call is for an unknown contact then the phone number is recorded.  Can you not record and display both for known contacts as well?

Thanks for the feature consideration.  See screen shots below that document the issue.

Aly

Screenshot 1 - Just the contact names are shown, not the incoming/outgoing calls.

SmartLine-1.jpg

Call record detail again just shows the contacts name. SmartLine-2.jpg

Here is the contact's record showing both work & mobile numbers.SmartLine-3.jpg

Hello @Aly

Great to see you participating in SmartLine's AMA!

Thank you for providing so much detail in your feature request, it is very helpful. Smiley Happy  What you're asking for makes a lot sense and you're not alone in this request.  It is definately on our radar to add in the future.  We'll let you know when an update is available.

Thanks,

Helen

Employee
Employee

Re: 8. Re: "AMA"-Ask Me Anything With Smartline Team--Thursday, March 22nd, 2PM-3PM PT

@Alywrote:

Hi There, 

Another feature request is can you offer call/text filters? 

If just one is possible then make that an unread filter that would just display those phone calls or texts that have not yet been read or listened to in a centralized way so you don't have to go into each record.  Ideally you could also filter on read calls/texts as well in a centralized way.

Thanks for the consideration.

Aly

@Aly Appreciate your suggestion for filters. Many users really like having all contact types together by contact name, and others (like you) want the option to sort things differently -- by read/unread or texts/calls, as you suggest. Adding a sort function is in the product plans, and we'll let you know when updates are available. Keep sharing your ideas! Thanks!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks everyone for joining! If you have any follow up questions or comments, please add them by tomorrow morning (Friday, March 23rd) at 9am PST. 

The Smartline team will be back again in a few months with new feature updates.

Take care!

Rachel