cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Any other resellers having renewal notification issues?

So recently I took over a team leader role and one of our staff who usually processes SSL renewals for our 140+ customer SSL's left. Another staff member asked me how we were going to do the SSL renewal monitoring in our CRM system.

I found out that this ex-staff member was logging into the secureserver.net portal and manually making tickets for each customer expiring in the next 60 days........ what a waste of time I thought.

After numerous phone calls to GoDaddy I found the email and what it looks like and can now understand why my staff do this, There's no customer details!!

How are other companies out there managing their SSL's without wasting staff time manually checking on these? Every single vendor we use has a great subscription renewal process and yet here is the mother of all domain/web hosting companites and their HTML notification system has no smarts?

This is what it looks like now: https://imgur.com/a/ahmHGY2

This is what it should look like (at least!): https://imgur.com/a/dDOqJ2q

How can I get in touch with someone in GoDaddy who can have some level of change power to get this sort of information added into the renewal notices?

Am I being blind and no seeing another way?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Any other resellers having renewal notification issues?

Hi @owenc. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I was able to pass this information to our email team. The actual renewal emails that are sent to customers should have the certificate common name in them. Renewal failure notices (like the ones in your screenshots) do not, at least for the moment. We are in the process of improving this and the failure notices will eventually include this information. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe for when that will occur. I did want to let you know it's in the works though. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.