cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Ascension Theme - remove hero title - all pages

I would like to remove all the hero image titles from the Ascension Theme can anyone help?

16 REPLIES 16
Advocate III Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Ascension Theme - remove hero title - all pages

I've never used that theme, so this is a generic answer. First, check for a "Theme Options" page on the WordPress Dashboard. This may or may not be under Appearance →Themes. Next try the theme Customizer, which SHOULD be under  Appearance →Themes. Finally look for anything else on the Dashboard that seems related to modifying the theme's appearance.

If there is no setting related to the Hero image in either of those places, you'll need to develop a child theme and remove it from there. If that is beyond your technical skills, feel free to PM me.

Geeks rule!
New

Hi Thankyou for your reply, there is no option within those places to remove the header title, and I am using a child theme but a bit stuck on what bit of css to change. my site is www.topmarksaccounting.co.uk.

Advocate III

From just a quick look, you need to remove the div with class="hero" from you page templates in the child theme. Note that you may need to copy these from the parent theme to the child theme for editing: they are not required for a child theme, but if they exist they will be used instead of the parent theme's templates.

Geeks rule!
New

I think that is beyond my expertise, very sorry. is there anyway to add a line of custom css to hide the hero text?

Advocate III

I just inspected the code for your site. All that "hero" stuff is an Elementor element. Elementor is a visual page builder. You should be able to access the template for this page and remove that element. I didn't see a class that could be hidden (the text is many,  many levels deep so it would not be a good idea in any case). In addition,

display: none;

doesn't always work the way you would expect it to. The best option for you is to remove the element in question. 

I tried to find some documentation for Ascension, but it is a theme owned by GoDaddy and I can't find any beyond the GitHub repository, which would not help you at all. 

Geeks rule!
New
New
Solution

If you go in Customizing your Theme Ascension, you can Clic on "Additional CSS". To make disappear the page title and the little banner you just have to add those 2 lines after the comment :

/*
You can add your own CSS here.

Click the help icon above to learn more.
*/
.hero {
display: none; }
.page-title {

New

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, which worked! However, the header image reduces in size after the text Hero title has been removed. Are you able to have a look at this too as I want to keep my header image the same size.

Helper II

Good job! I tried other CSS adds to kill the header section nothing worked. I was overlooking the simplest thing and yours works. thanks.

Helper II

Sim that worked for header and title, do you have a fix for the TAG LINE. I removed it but there is this large blank space there below my menu and above my slider. Wasted space want to tighten up the top of my page.

Is there a

.page-tagline {display: none}  for example ???

New
Solution

And just in case you are ONLY trying to remove the huge graphic from the homepage, but not the rest of the pages on the site, just add this to the CSS within Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.home .hero { display: none; }

Thank you Simvir, you're a lifesaver. I needed to do the same thing, but to the Uptown Style theme.

The "hero" is gone but its absence leaves a [slightly too-big] gap in its place. Is there an easy way to tighten up that space between menu and the rest of the page beneath it?

New

Is there a way to remove the hero title just from posts (keep on pages)

Hi, I'm having problems with this too on my site. www.coxlandandcattleinc.com

I can't seem to remove the transcend theme name on all of the pages. I don't know where to add the text into the ccs code. Can someone help? thanks so much

Wow I had been looking for solving that issue for some days and did not know what else to do. Thanks so much. 

New
New
Solution

If you go in Customizing your Theme Ascension, you can Clic on "Additional CSS". To make disappear the page title and the little banner you just have to add those 2 lines after the comment :

/*
You can add your own CSS here.

Click the help icon above to learn more.
*/
.hero {
.page-title {

I tried doing that. See pictures. But it didn't change the view. Can you help? IMG_2686.jpgIMG_2687.jpg