cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Contact form 7 error

Hello—

I just updated my plugins, which resulted in an error with contact form 7. Both the site and Managing WordPress platform are down.

There is both a warning that says—No such file or directory in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data03/87/4031587/html/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/settings.php on line 3—and a related fatal error.

Any insights into this and how to address it?

6 REPLIES 6
New

Re: Contact form 7 error

What version of WordPress are you using? That may conflict with your updates if the version is an older one, and your warning notice isn't like version 4.9.

Delete the Contact form 7 plugin manually via FTP or File manager.Then install the plugin again.

How come my mail does not send? How do I configure a smptout? In contact form 7
Super User III
Super User III

@rcl2017 

Typically a fatal error caused during an update means that the specific plugin did not update correctly. The easiest thing to do is manually remove the plugin and see if the site comes back up. If so, just try to do a fresh reinstall on the plugin itself. If all is good, you're done. If the issue happens again, there might be a conflict with another plugin or theme you're using. That would take more in-depth problem solving to correct. 

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

But it never email. Since the site was built

Sent from my iPhone

Sincerely,

Steven Risman, CEO
The MetroCom Companies
1 (866) 470-2244
www.metrocomsecurity.com

Security...Comfort...Control...
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Stevenrisman 

You have a few options here. 

• You can contact the plugin developer to see if they can help you pinpoint the issue
  • You can utilize GoDaddy's WordPress Premium Support service
  • You can contact a hire a WP dev to investigate and correct the issue

The fact that it didn't function correctly was most likely due to a configuration issue. The fatal error you saw was likely something involving a botched update or the initial download code could have been slightly corrupted. It could also be conflicting with another plugin.

It's honestly something you'll want to do some more research on or hire someone to help you out.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community