cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Desperately trying to get my website with it's data back!

In the Fall of 2019, I realized that my website was very slow to upload. So I mentioned this to one of the GoDaddy guys who called me to check in on me. On his advice, I ended up buying standard SSL renewal for my website as well as Website Security Essential. And then life got busy until the past week when I tried opening my website. It said that it was not secure. So I submitted a request to GoDaddy to 'clean it up and make it secure again, only to find that actually the website ceased to exist as I had not renewed managed word press ( not sure if I received reminders or if GoDaddy did not send me a reminder). With shock, I realized that 5 years worth of work and photographs have disappeared into thin air. I am deeply disappointed that there is no back up of my website or my photos. I am still holding onto hope so that somebody at GoDaddy can find my data...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Desperately trying to get my website with it's data back!

@Kay10

What a drag....   Unfortunately, as I'm sure you can understand, backup copies of website databases cannot be kept indefinitely -- even for those who are paying for the service.

What you need to do is get in contact with GoDaddy Support right now -- the sooner the better to see if there is any chance of recovering your data.  This truly is a time-sensitive issue.

Then in the future, always make sure to keep a copy of your backups off-site (on your hard-drive or 3rd party storage) so that if this happens again, you at least have those copies to use to restore your website. 

I hope things work out for you.... 😉

Judith
"Today ends tonight and tomorrow starts again."

Highlighted

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Advocate VII Advocate VII
Advocate VII

Hi @Kay10 ,

There is a site called the Wayback Archive.  I don't know if you're site has made it there yet, but you can go here:  https://archive.org/web/   -- see what pops up.  I recently retrieved about 20 pics and text from an old site of mine.  It certainly was not a perfect solution to publishing, but it got me started.

So sorry you're in this situation.  

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Highlighted

Thank you so much for this tip! I found several pages with photos and content of my website! I am so thankful to you. 

I wonder if you also know of a good place that can help me recoup photos from my crashed Mac-mini??! as you can see, I'm in a bit of a mess all because I procrastinated with my back ups.