cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Editing with Elementor

When trying to edit my page using Elementor, I am unable to drag the widgets from the left onto the page. Upon reaching the page the widget shows a red circle with a line through it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New

Are you using a Microsoft browser (Edge/Internet Explorer) when attempting to edit?

If yes, that's your issue -- you need to switch to a different supported browser, options are noted below (bold added by me for emphasis).

The following quote comes directly from the official Elementor help/FAQ documentation (see source😞

There Are Red Circles That Prevent Me From Editing. Can't drag and drop.

If you cannot drag and drop, this is generally due to the use of Explorer or Edge to edit with Elementor.

It is not possible to edit with Microsoft browsers, but it is possible to edit with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

In any case, pages built with Elementor do show up in the browsers of Microsoft.

ADLISP...all day long I slay problems.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
New

Are you using a Microsoft browser (Edge/Internet Explorer) when attempting to edit?

If yes, that's your issue -- you need to switch to a different supported browser, options are noted below (bold added by me for emphasis).

The following quote comes directly from the official Elementor help/FAQ documentation (see source😞

There Are Red Circles That Prevent Me From Editing. Can't drag and drop.

If you cannot drag and drop, this is generally due to the use of Explorer or Edge to edit with Elementor.

It is not possible to edit with Microsoft browsers, but it is possible to edit with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

In any case, pages built with Elementor do show up in the browsers of Microsoft.

ADLISP...all day long I slay problems.

View solution in original post