cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Fatal Errors

I am very upset with the GoDaddy experience and contemplating changing hosts.

I keep getting many errors and my readers can't access my site on a regular basis.

They keep wanting me to do recovery which erases my most current posts.

I am very upset about this. Is there any fixes that I can do. Also the spam I am getting in comments is unacceptable. They made me stop using a great plug in to prevent spam.

I need help asap!

I am not very good at computer stuff and signed on to GoDaddy hoping for a good service. Is this a problem others are experiencing?

Here are most current error reports

allocate memory for pool. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data01/76/2816276/html/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 2534

Warning: apcu_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data01/76/2816276/html/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 2706

Warning: apcu_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data01/76/2816276/html/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 2706
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The memory allocation error is due to PHP running out of memory executing some piece of code. It could be a plugin or part of WP core that is running out of memory.

To troubleshoot this you will need to do one of 2 things:

1) try to change memory_limit in a .user.ini file at he root of your wordpress folder -- it is probably set to 64M -- change to 128M or more to see if this fixes the problem. Here are details on the proper file to edit.

2) a better approach would be to find out which plugin or theme is causing this problem. You can pull the site to a staging server using managed wordpress and then evaluate whether the problem persists there. Turning off all plugins first, then activating half of them to see if the problem continues. Of course modifying plugins may break part of the functionality on your site.

The errors are potentially caused by a PHP 5.6 update and you may have code that is not compatible with this version. Anything is possible. 

Here are a list of all parameters for PHP. the ones that have PHP_INI_ALL can be modified in .user.ini -- the ones that have PHP_INI_SYSTEM CANNOT be modified in a local configuration directory.

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Helper VI

Hello @Maryandering

Are you using any cache plugin?

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Hi,

No I am not using  a cache plugin.

Here is the typical error I receive:

Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data01/76/2816276/html/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 2534

@Maryandering,

The problem you are seeing can be caused by a lot of factors. They probably are not related to your host though and can happen anywhere. The idea of restoring from backups is sort of a worst case scenario though, but it doesn't mean you will lose your posts. You just need to export them first and then reload them after the restore. You can read about import/export from WordPress online. The features are built into the core system.

When did this problem start happening? Was it after an update to WordPress 4.6? Did you install a plugin or change something in the theme? Did you do absolutely nothing to the site and it started happening?

"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
New

hi im having the same problem getting something like this do know how to fix it?

Warning: apcu_add(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data......

I also get this error/warning these days from time to time in my website. This is really bad for my website reputation and can lead to decrease my sales.

Example or warnings: "Warning: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/...."

I can't contact godaddy via phone. Their chat is usually offline and there is not ticket support.

What is causing this problem? please help.

Thank you.

It is possible that after the PHP 5.6 update which probably has already occured on your site you have a plugin that is causing the memory to time out. Add a .user.ini file to the root of your wordpress folder with max_memory_limit set to 128M or even 256M. This can be done with sftp and your favourite client. I use the one built into Notepad++ on Windows. Cyberduck and filezilla ftp are other favourites. Your credentials should be in your managed wordpress control panel under the site details (not in the WP administration /wp-admin screen though!)

Here some parameters:

https://kb.site5.com/php/how-to-make-custom-php-changes-using-a-user-ini-file/#memory

To find out which plugin may be causing this you will need to deactivate them one by one and see if the problem keeps happening or not. When you find which one is causing this problem, you may need to update or find a replacement.

Good luck!

The memory allocation error is due to PHP running out of memory executing some piece of code. It could be a plugin or part of WP core that is running out of memory.

To troubleshoot this you will need to do one of 2 things:

1) try to change memory_limit in a .user.ini file at he root of your wordpress folder -- it is probably set to 64M -- change to 128M or more to see if this fixes the problem. Here are details on the proper file to edit.

2) a better approach would be to find out which plugin or theme is causing this problem. You can pull the site to a staging server using managed wordpress and then evaluate whether the problem persists there. Turning off all plugins first, then activating half of them to see if the problem continues. Of course modifying plugins may break part of the functionality on your site.

The errors are potentially caused by a PHP 5.6 update and you may have code that is not compatible with this version. Anything is possible. 

Here are a list of all parameters for PHP. the ones that have PHP_INI_ALL can be modified in .user.ini -- the ones that have PHP_INI_SYSTEM CANNOT be modified in a local configuration directory.

View solution in original post

Fatal error: Call to undefined method _WP_Editors::enqueue_default_editor() in /home/ovapeg2/public_html/safetyhealthenvironmentculturebootcamp.com/wordpress/wp-includes/general-template.php on line 3090

I've uninstalled wordpress several times, tried different themes and when I go to customize appearance I get the above - help!