cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I open file inside a page from menu?

How do I open a file inside a page from a menu? I want users to see the standard header and main menu on top of the opened file. 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: open file inside a page from menu

Hi @neiljacobson. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If it's a file you already have hosted on your account and you can link to it, you could try embedding an iframe that links to the file. Depending on the file type, that might load in the user's browser. Otherwise, you might need to find a plugin to help you display the file type if it's something that won't usually load, like a Word doc. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Is there a plugin you can suggest?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@neiljacobson - The only one I have any experience with is Embed Any Document. That one has worked pretty well for me so far. Though I have to say that is a personal example and not an official endorsement by GoDaddy. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.