cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I switch from the Coming Soon page to Word Press designed content

I set up my domain name and initially set up the 'Coming Soon' page with a countdown. However I've since installed Wordpress editor and now would like the new page to show. 

If I go to my domain - www.the-bushmen.net - the 'Coming Soon' page is showing. I'd like to now have the default go to www.the-bushmen.net/home which is the right content I want displayed. 

So I don't know how to delete the old set up so that the default will go to the-bushmen.net/home. 

Thanks for your help/advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@thebushmen 

1) To remove the coming soon page you need to delete some things from public_html in the file manager

• assets
  • COPYRIGHT
  • images
  • index.html
  • LICENSE.txt
  • sitemap.xml

2) Make sure in settings -> reading you have the "home" page set as your main page so that when you type in the domain that page will load

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@thebushmen 

1) To remove the coming soon page you need to delete some things from public_html in the file manager

• assets
  • COPYRIGHT
  • images
  • index.html
  • LICENSE.txt
  • sitemap.xml

2) Make sure in settings -> reading you have the "home" page set as your main page so that when you type in the domain that page will load

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post