cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I cannot install plugins.

I am pretty upset with this website and this service overall. It SUCKS!!

I cannot install woocommerce, I cannot install jetpack, every time I try to install ANYTHING.. here is the message I get:

Installation failed: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> 500 Internal Server Error Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I also can't transfer my domain to another host provider for another month. So I can't develop my website at all. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I cannot install plugins.

Hi James 

You can point your domain name to a new server, you dont have to transfer it at all.

If you host the website elsewhere you 1. add on the domain name to the new hosting server and then 2. point the name servers from your domain name at the new server. 

The propagation will take 24 hours to point at the new hosted server.

Very easy to complete.

Hope this helps

Solution

Re: I cannot install plugins.

Lot of reasons can cause plugin installation failure!!

1:Corrupted .htaccess File

2: PHP Memory Limit Failure.

3: Theme And Plugin Conflict

4: Corrupted wp-admin and wp-includes folder

You can try to solve one by one to check which works for you.

Transferring the domain is very easy. Go to DNS Setting Of the domain and you will find something like NameServers. From the nameservers choose custom nameservers and put the value you got from your hosting provider as nameservers.

Hopes Works!!