I am on a wordpress hosting, and the load times is very inconsistent, sometimes slow, sometimes very slow, and never quickfast. General load time is 4 seconds, I have optimized everything that I could and it did not do anything. I am starting to think maybe it's because of the hosting that I have?
Solved! Go to Solution.
There are a couple questions
1) What is your domain domain
2) Have you run a gtmetrix report
3) Do you have videos / scripts on the site that maybe pulling from 3rd party sites?
2) Yes I did, the result is here (after flushing cache): https://gtmetrix.com/reports/combilift-canada.com/Y88yEk0q
3) Not that I think of, though I use CDN provided by GoDaddy.
From looking at the Waterfall chart (loading chart) I was able to see something re: CF7 and "refill" taking almost 6 seconds - upon further checking this seems to be related to the re-captcha and CF7 and the caching of the site. (See https://wordpress.org/support/topic/file-refill/ for reference)
Personally I use https://cleantalk.org/ on all my sites (Managed WordPress and others) - while not free - it does the spam protection in the background of the site and doesn't require visitor interaction.