cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JetPack activation fails, cannot delete either

Hi,

When I try to activate the installed JetPack 6.3.2 Plugin I get the following error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/24/41917424/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/_inc/lib/class.media.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/24/41917424/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/24/41917424/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/_inc/lib/class.media.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/24/41917424/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php on line 25

A reinstall seemed a good idea, so I tried to delete the plugin also which results in this error:

Deletion failed: Internal Server Error

I found the post of someone else with the same issue, but sadly have not found the solution.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/class-jetpack-php-on-line-25-error-after-update/

One suggestion is to go in and delete the plugin folder of JetPack. Is this a safe thing to do? Did anybody else encounter this issue and has a possible solution?

Thanks