cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WordPress Site & Hosting Questions

I have an old site on an old host where my domain name resides. I have a main website on Godaddy already that I don't want to disturb. I would like to create a new wordpress website for my old site now on GoDaddy using the old domain name while the old site is still live. My godaddy plan is the deluxe web hosting package. Is there a way for me to work on Godaddy to work on creating a new website for my old site on the other hosting site, while not desturbing my main site on Godaddy. I tried adding a new domain which is my old domain name and installing wordpress and it points me to the old site and won't let me do anything. Is there a way to use the ip address godaddy has given me without messing up my main site on Godaddy that I don't want to mess up? Sorry for being so newbie, I'm given at work without knowing a whole lot about this and don't want to mess anything up.

5 REPLIES 5
Helper V

@newb123,

I'm afraid there will be a short downtime...

The Name Servers for your old domain must be changed to GoDaddy Name Servers or old domain IP address pointed to GoDaddy...

Your old website will have a short downtime...

You cannot work on the old website and new website at the same time...

Feel free to get back if you have any questions...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA

thank you

Super User II

@newb123

An option would be instead of Deluxe Web Hosting, consider trying Managed WordPress Hosting. 

With Managed WordPress Hosting you get a temporary domain to work on your site.  Then, once you have the site ready to go, all you have to do is attached your domain to that hosting.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

@newb123,

Somehow Managed WordPress didn't strike my mind, @Muse is correct, please try that...

Smiley Happy

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA

thank you