cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Ninja Form contact form submit issue

Hello,

I have a Ninja form on my contact page, but I have no idea where the contact information is submitted once when clicks "submit".  Anyone knows how to edit this form?  Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Ninja Form contact form submit issue

Hello.
If you are referring to the "Ninja Forms" plugin for WordPress from here https://ro.wordpress.org/plugins/ninja-forms/ then you can find a very usefull tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZW7w7bCKVM
Good luck.
🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

To view your submissions you have to log in to WordPress. Click on "Forms" from the menu on the left and then "Submissions". Select the form submissions you want to view from the drop down list box.

Or once you log in to WordPress and click on Forms from the menu, just hover over the form until you see:

Edit | Delete | Duplicate | Preview Form | View Submissions

and then obviously click on "View Submissions".

I had the same issue, and found the submissions part. So, how are you supposed to reply to the person from the submissions form because there is no reply other than just copy and paste their email into my email client to respond? There is just export into excel.

I would assume that the contact form would send the submission straight into our admin email box to make it easier to reply to the person.

Thanks!

I'm wondering the same as don't want to go into my website background to get a list when I could just reply from an email if it sent one!

I'm wondering the same thing because the Ninja website says the following:

(But GoDaddy hasn't seemed to answer the question)

Let me say that again for the record: Ninja Forms does not send email. Neither does WordPress. Both ourselves and WordPress are involved, but neither of us send email. The actual sending of email is handled by your web host. The process looks like this:

1. Your Ninja Forms email action triggers on form submission.
  2. Ninja Forms passes the email action data to WordPress.
  3. WordPress relays the email action data to your web host.
  4. Your web host takes the email action data, processes it, and sends it as an email.

90%+ of problems stem from #4: the web host actually sending the email. There are a variety of reasons this is the case, and it’s not necessarily your web host failing you. In a world where spam email is an ever present daily problem, some of the actions taken by web hosts to fight spam causes unintentional collateral damage.

Okay. Godaddy needs to help solve the issue. I've tried for 5 days to send email from my Ninja form with all kinds of tweaks to the settings. No email is being sent to the recipient.

My set up is as follows:

I have an ultimate hosting package.

A "primary" domain that sends email just fine.

An AddOn domain that cannot send email. What do I need to look for?

New

I am having the same issue. 

Using godaddy's workspace email server.

In the "emails&actions" -> added email > in advanced send the from address to email address in the workspace email server.

I do not think I am seeing anything hit the email server. 

Wonder if an MX record change is needed?

Thanks,

Dave

New

The email that I am using is a Godaddy email account.

Same issue here.  Spent an hour on the phone with Godaddy with no results other than "all our stuff is working but I can transfer you to our "pay service".  

So, I tried ninja forms on one of my sites on Hostgator with no issues, email went right through, no problems, simple as it should be.

Back on the website on Godaddy, uninstalled ninja forms.  Used standard contact form on Wordpress and received "There was an error trying to send your message".

Installed Easy WP SMTP and  "SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused"

Now I am no IT expert but Godaddy I think the problem is YOU.

Without a fix for this I am taking my business to another hosting company.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

I can't tell you how valuable Mailgun is for any and all form submission errors. It's free for up to 10,000 emails per month and absolutely made my life much easier. I spent the better part of 2 days trying to get Ninja Forms to send to my email....tried all the SMTP plugins, and just couldn't get them to work. Install Mailgun, verify the DNS records and you are good to go.

New

Ninja Forms does not send email. Neither does WordPress

When I change address of a user, I get an email to confirm. Not sure that my webhost is the problem. I've had previous WP contact widgets that sent me an instant notification when someone used it, but not in the GD platform. Why not?

There can be many reasons for this and not something that can really assessed without being in front of the site. What I can tell you is that Mailgun is a Godsend when it comes to using Ninja Forms. You can save yourself a ton of time and headaches by installing the plugin and setting up the MX records in GoDaddy. Once you confirm the domain and install the security key, you will have zero issues with user notifications and/or form submissions thru your Wordpress site.

@LReeder14, did you ever figure this out. I have a similar issue. My MX (email) is hosted somewhere else. The email from the WP site on the primary domain, is going to the email account properly. However, the email from the WP site on the AddOn domain is NOT going to the email account properly. But if I change the destination to my gmail account then it works fine. This suggest to me that something in GoDaddy's AddOn domain configuration is keeping the email from routing out of its servers.