cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several questions regarding wordpress website builder

I hope you all can help here;

1. The themes-Is there a way to make the front theme transparent so the background image can be viewed and be the main focal point?

2.Menus-How do I customize the main menus so I can have it show only what I need?

3. Header image-Unless I add site ID info, the image gets 3/4 cut off. What do I need to do to make it show the entire image?

4. What is the easiest way to edit the site? It seems there aren't too many options and the info/verbiage is confusing?

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II

@Vengeance

Let's go one-by-one...

1. The themes-Is there a way to make the front theme transparent so the background image can be viewed and be the main focal point?

You didn't mention which theme you are using. Each theme is different. Do you mean homepage when you mention "front theme"?

2. Menus-How do I customize the main menus so I can have it show only what I need?

Menus options are based on what the theme is coded to do. In general, you would go to Appearance > Menus to setup your menus and designate where they would display. You should be able to remove/add what you want or don't want.

3. Header image-Unless I add site ID info, the image gets 3/4 cut off. What do I need to do to make it show the entire image?

Does your theme designate a specific size for that image? That's the size you want to use -- exactly.

4. What is the easiest way to edit the site? It seems there aren't too many options and the info/verbiage is confusing?

=> WordPress is pretty easy in that regard. You edit page and post content in Posts or Pages area. Click on the page or post title an edit away.

=> Certain customization options are available in Appearance > Customize

=> Widgets can be customized in Appearance > Widgets.

Outside of the theme structure which is what it is -- there is no reason that text/content cannot be modified. Once you become more familiar with WordPress you'll see all the options available to you.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

I am using one of the available in the appearance section. The background image is barely visible.

The header image is still cut even though I changed the specs to 2400x1300 as recommended by the site.

@Vengeance

Can you tell me the theme name so I can look it up?   By changing "specs" do you mean you changed the image's physical size?

Judith

I am using the primer theme and I changed the pixel size to the recommended settings.
Another issue whenever I press the menu button on the site through my phone only, an x appears and the menu doesn't display.

@Vengeance

What is your site URL?

Judith

Community Manager

Hi @Vengeance,

Sound like you could be interested in getting some tips on things to add or improve on your website, please feel to add a post with a link to your url to our "Supersize Your Website" forum and have other Community members check out your site and give you some pointers. Thanks!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi!! The site is www.vengeancewithin.com I made several changes, the couple things that in having trouble with is the main content area, the background image is not visible due to the front "block" and the header image is not is not visible because it shrinks the image are. I did add audio to that section and it made it bigger, but that audio section blocks the image. Any help is appreciated!